USA flag installation

Benni Newbie

Reaction score
We want to fly a USA flag on our pontoon tomorrow for Veteran’s day. We did not purchase a flag pole. We did purchase some installation clips from Bass Pro. The instructions said to attach it to the stern light. My husband thinks it will have too much drag. Has anyone had any problems with flags. Suggested location? We are just going to zip tie it. Is there flag etiquette? Any advise would be great.

Link

Reaction score
I bought the Flag Pole from Bennington and had it mounted by a friend. Looks great. I alternate between flying that and flying the Bennington Flag

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
We want to fly a USA flag on our pontoon tomorrow for Veteran’s day. We did not purchase a flag pole. We did purchase some installation clips from Bass Pro. The instructions said to attach it to the stern light. My husband thinks it will have too much drag. Has anyone had any problems with flags. Suggested location? We are just going to zip tie it. Is there flag etiquette? Any advise would be great.
How big is the Flag ?

JohnL

Reaction score
I have the clips zip tied to the stern light mast, have not had an issue in 2 seasons