Used Benny

Or, do you have more pics to post???  Maybe someone here will see something you didn't...

Now that the part of the contest on posts is over, you can't say I'm pumping up the count!!!

I can attest to the high quality of the boat you are looking at.... It was mine. The boat is flawless. The marks on the pontoons are normal two year wear on polished/sharkhided toons. It is caused from rubbing against the rubber guide rails when entering and exiting my lift over two seasons. The marks are all below the waterline and can be easily buffed. The buffed areas should have a reapplication of sharkhide.

I have now purchased four Benningtons from this dealer and would consider them honest and more than fair. The always exceed expecations as does the product.

If your really concerned, just buy an airline ticket and fly up to see it.

Dang, stay away from BigBlock.  Sounds like he's got a terminal case of PADS.  :)

I think BigBlock's post just saved you a plane ticket...  And sold the boat.

So BigBlock...what do you have now?

edit: found the boat on line. Won't post link though based on OP's worry someone will snatch it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, I thought I got first dibs...

I don't think it has sold yet!!!!

I liked the other one so much, I basically ordered the same thing. Q25, I/0, All Black, Big Motor, Big Stereo, Etc. The dealer we have here is so easy and pleasant to work with that it just makes sense to trade every two years.

Ok...maybe I might buy a boat sight unseen...

There was a member that bought his boat in the Midwest and trailered back to Maine last summer. He had it shrink wrapped for the trip back. 
Any idea the cost to shrink wrap?  What to do with the trailer?  Can I have it shrink wrapped together?  Do you advise against this?  Should I get a trailer here instead?

That looks like a really clean, well cared for boat. I also found it online and after seeing the "marks" on the tubes in perspective, I would not be concerned in the least bit. Looks like a nice boat! Shrink wrap is probably around $300.00 bucks. Make it part of the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple hundred bucks for shrinkwrap. Dealer might even throw it in. I would imagine a trucking company would just hitch the trailer to the back of a truck and make the drive to you. I don't think loading it all on flat bed would be cheap. A buddy of mine used to deliver travel trailers all over the country/Canada with his truck. They might be your best bet.

I had a feeling.        But wasn't quite sure.

so you should have no problem trusting this dealer.

The same dealer I bought my last 2 from

Nice to see you back BigBlock

Couple hundred bucks for shrinkwrap. Dealer might even throw it in. I would imagine a trucking company would just hitch the trailer to the back of a truck and make the drive to you. I don't think loading it all on flat bed would be cheap. A buddy of mine used to deliver travel trailers all over the country/Canada with his truck. They might be your best bet.
I didn't want to put that big of a strain on the trailer and the tires.  WDYT?

There are a few members on the forum here that trailer there boats fairly long distances 400 to 500 plus one direction, maybe they will chime in with there experiences.

I trailer mine every time I use it,  but have not gone more than 250 or so at a time. No issues. 

Based on the photos I've seen the trailer looked pretty nice and should be able to handle the trip. But don't hold me responsible if something happens! There are many members on here though that travel and tow their toons thousands of miles a year. If the trailer has a spare and a reasonable safe driver I don't see an issue.

Chris seems we are tag teaming some posts today!

Chris seems we are tag teaming some posts today!
Yes it does seem that way,

Had some extra time today and it is flipping cold today and don't want to go out of the house. 

Back