Vacuum

I'm in the same situation...could not find any great reviews of 12v powered vacuums.  I ended up getting a lithium cordless vacuum from Black and Decker.  It's just a small handheld that I keep at home and then bring it to the boat when I think I need it.  It works great with crumbs, or cotton that falls off the trees, small leaves, etc.

I find we actually use it a lot around the house now too...picked it up off Amazon for $70 or so.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-BDH2000PL-Lithium-20-volt/dp/B00IOEFBKS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1404696474&tag=gglwwa-20&sr=8-9&keywords=black+and+decker+cordless+vacuum

Anybody with a 12 volt vacuum recommendation? I am in the water full time without power.
Just to be in the water 24/7 would be amazing 

Boating to the max 

LOVE IT !

109013614.jpg

I mainly use a whisk broom on the boat carpets--to get into tight places.  Then I'll use my 110 volt Dirt Devil to finish up.  And it can be run off a 12 volt-110 volt inverter if shore power's not available.

Bamaman,

What size inverter you using? (Amps)

I'd like to get one big enough to run a 110v vacuum. My 12v sucks, well no it doesn't , well it does but it doesn't ...... :)

Borrowed my neighbors 18v dewalt.  Works fine but still not the power of running a lead cord and using an electric vacumn

Dyson makes a Great vacuum we have an animal .But they don't make a wet.dry 

I have the DeWalt that Jack M. posted a picture of. Take three batteries with me, it does an OK job.

I have had mine for 5 weeks now and it is still on its initial charge.We use it every time out .Spiders ,fish fly's and anything else.

Very pleased with it so far .

Our Dyson is over 10 years  old ,never a problem .Wash the filter every 6 months ,good to go .

I would buy again in a heartbeat. I wish they made a wet/dry 

And also Jack, did you buy the accessories I see on the page as it looks like they would make it much easier

Last edited by a moderator:
Still very happy with the vacuum ,No I did not buy any accessories 

Did you notice there is currently another $20.00 off ?

Did you notice there is currently another $20.00 off ?

No I hadn't. Thanks. My son thinks one from Sears (craftsman) looks great and uses the same 19.2 v batteries from my (and our) other cordless tools. It's slightly heavier and larger in size but costs about half the price. Looking at that too  

Craftsman C3 19.2-Volt Wet/Dry Vac

Back