Waiting SUCKS!

Thanks guys. As for it sitting on gravel, not much I can do about it. I guess it is a good thing I have solid keels! If my wife better not try and push back the delivery again. She is not happy until it is in the 90's.

I won't have an old one. Will be taking it to the dealer so he can try to sell for me.

What are your thoughts about it sitting on gravel ?
You know, how hard would it be to lay down some scrap wood???

Carl's probalby right, and it looks worse than it is, but it sure don't look good.

My dealer uses dolly's at the four corners on all the pontoons ( at least on ones I have seen ) or they are on trailers, even in the showroom

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh, maybe it's soft gravel :blink: ? Mine usually does wood or I see a lot use old tires. But you're right, it's already done, can't do much about it now.

I thought the same thing when I saw it done at my dealership as well. The one thing that really scared me was the transducer that was dug into the gravel on a few of them. Seems like that could easily damage one if they weren't careful.

The one thing that really scared me was the transducer that was dug into the gravel on a few of them. Seems like that could easily damage one if they weren't careful.
From experience, what does destroy the transducer is backing into a gravel bank. Was up in Canada and wanted to try a different pitch prop. I had the brilliant idea to get a head of steam going backwards, raise the engine and ground the back of the boat so i could stay dry changing the prop. I forgot about the transducer. When the fish finder would not work later, I looked and the transducer was hanging by the cable. 2 part epoxy worked to mount it back on the bracket. Looks bad but it still works. Lesson learned.

From experience, what does destroy the transducer is backing into a gravel bank. Was up in Canada and wanted to try a different pitch prop. I had the brilliant idea to get a head of steam going backwards, raise the engine and ground the back of the boat so i could stay dry changing the prop. I forgot about the transducer. When the fish finder would not work later, I looked and the transducer was hanging by the cable. 2 part epoxy worked to mount it back on the bracket. Looks bad but it still works. Lesson learned.
OUCH! That sucks, luckily you were able to fix it with some epoxy and didn't rip it clean off. Gives me hope that those things are a little tougher than I expected.

Something I just remembered. The bracket was a flipup ability. Years back, The top bolt and nut of the bracket was starting to rust so I sprayed some penetrating oil on it. The next week the transducer was hanging by the cable. The oil had melted the plastic of the bracket and the transducer housing. It was ruined. Good news was I bought a much nicer fish finder :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I just remembered. The bracket was a flipup ability. Years back, The top bolt and nut of the bracket was starting to rust so I sprayed some penetrating oil on it. The next week the transducer was hanging by the cable. The oil had melted the plastic of the bracket and the transducer housing. It was ruined. Good news was I bought a much nicer fish finder :D
A few years from now I may use that very same mistake as a way to slip a new fish finder past the wife, thanks for the tip! lol

Back