Weapons/boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Retired cop.  I have a law enforcement national carry permit. (LEOSA) Always have a weapon on me. Habit after 28 yrs.........

Quick question.................Do you bring a weapon onboard?!? Why or why not? Curious............

I leave my guns at home but do always have a Bowie type knife on board the boat. Never thought much about pirates on Lake Norman, but I guess they could be anywhere. Arrrr!

Last edited by a moderator:
No weapon on our boat. Guess the laid back vibe of being on a boat never prompted me to feel I needed protection. Then again...

It is important for any Police Officer (retired or active) to carry a weapon 24/7

For me to carry a gun , I have no need to do so

My personal belief only..... for me and my family

Guns are a major problem in society , I can do without them  

134404787.jpg

Yes, I always carry, everywhere. We go to sandbars many times and for several hours. You never know what or who is slipping through the woods of the swamp. For that reason, I carry. And yes, since I'm head of security at my church, I carry there as well. Churches are being attacked all across our country. If people will attack groups at a church, they'll surely attack a couple on a lone sand bar. I hope I never have to use mine to defend from an attack, but I like knowing that the odds won't be completely in the thug's or wild animal's favor.  

I'm with Spoiledrotten. As citizen of the USA it is your responsibility to protect your family, home and property. The police are only able to react once a crime has already been committed and in many cases it's too late. 

Nope... often have a beer or 3.  guns&alcohol == no

Yes, I carry as much as possible, including Sunday morning.  Respectfully to the LEOs, We are the first responders, they usually end up cleaning up, just a fact of life.  Having a nice Benni/truck can be an attraction to the pirates.  Kinda makes you feel like a 1%er.  B)    

Definitely carry at all permissible times, inquired about a permit in NY and what a fiasco to get one!!! Not much of a law breaker but makes me think twice! I travel quite often with the wife and kids so I'd like to be able to defend myself on the side of the road if need be. I don't like crowds or cities so I'm normally safe just staying away. Sunday mornings nowadays is a must!

BK - I would love to; however, if I have any trace of alcohol in my system and I'm in posession of a firearm, I lose my conceal carry.  Did you know that only folks like yourself and other conceal carry permit holders are allowed to have a weapon on board in NC?  

Not always, but most of the time.  I have a Concealed Weapon License (CWL) here in FL.  Often times I'll go out with my 1911 in my bag.  The interesting thing in FL is that if you are fishing, you can legally open carry your firearm.  I would not want to fall in the water with it on, so I leave it in my bag.  If I were going to come across a need for it, I figure I'll have ample time to get it out.  I'm not out looking for any trouble, but I'm of the school "better to have and not need, than to need and not have".

Water won't hurt your gun, just clean her when you get home :)

Edit:  I see you are probably in salt water, so yeah, wouldn't want that on my gun too long :)

No longer need a permit in Missouri and I don't carry on the boat.

Maryland is very tough on guns, not worth the hassle. 

Yeah, as a Pa. CCW, I have to be very cognizant that if I'm going to enter Md. to pull over and separate the gun and magazine...... Weird thing in Pa. is to conceal you need a permit .... open carry, no need. I'd never recommend it as it just draws unneeded attention and not worth the hassles you may encounter.

I have a CCW but I don't carry on my boat.  I have dropped to many things in the water and with grandkids on board not taking any chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back