WET SOUNDS STEREO SYSTEM

russ w

Reaction score
 I JUST PICKED UP MY NEW PONTOON ON FRIDAY.HAS ANYBODY HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM'S WITH THERE STEREO SYSTEM?  1. 4 OUT OF THE 6 SPEAKERS WERE NOT HOOKED UP POSITIVE WIRES WERE RUN 6 INCHES TO SHORT BUT NEG'S WERE HOOKED UP. PLUS NONE OF THEM HOOKED UP TO THE AMP. AND WHEN YOU TURN ON THE MOOD LIGHTS I HAVE A LOUD HUM COMING FROM THE SPEAKERS  ITS GOES AWAY WHEN YOU TURN THEM OFF. THANKS RUSS

Ummmmm.

Back to dealer.

Personally I'd never sign the papers until I knew it all worked.

Maybe cancel payment on the check until it's fixed.

By all means tell us who the dealer is. He's a dawned idiot.

I did have a few issues with my lights and stereo. They were hooked up incorrectly at the dealer, we had to rush the papers due to weather (not ideal), but, the fixes were simple and taken care of by them driving an hour and a half to me as opposed to me driving to them.

Seems like a simple fix for the dealer.

I HOPE SO!!! BUT THE PROBLEM IS MY DEALER IS OVER A 2 HOUR DRIVE AWAY. GOING TO HAVE A  LOCAL CUSTOM MARINE STEREO SHOP REPAIR IT WHEN THEY ARE ADDING MORE AMPS AND SUBS. HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT!!  ICE IS GOING OFF MY LAKE AS IM TYPING THIS. NOT LONG NOW.

I HOPE SO!!! BUT THE PROBLEM IS MY DEALER IS OVER A 2 HOUR DRIVE AWAY. GOING TO HAVE A  LOCAL CUSTOM MARINE STEREO SHOP REPAIR IT WHEN THEY ARE ADDING MORE AMPS AND SUBS. HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT!!  ICE IS GOING OFF MY LAKE AS IM TYPING THIS. NOT LONG NOW.
Did your dealer deliver the boat, or did you pick it up?  I'd be tempted to tell them to come and get it (or send a repair tech to fix it locally).   The reason would be to retain the 7 year warranty.  If you have someone else repair, it may not be covered if you have issues in the future.  I'm not sure if this is important to you, but something to consider.

Great boat, great chain of lakes!  Our cabin is about 30min away from Crosslake (near Bay Lake).  Since we are on a small private lake, we will be hitting some of the bigger lakes near by.  Sounds like my boat will be one of the little ones on Cross/Whitefish..I'm assured to not be "one up'd" on my lake :)

I agree with fastmnstealth. The dealer should rectify your problem. Interestingly, my radio would not work last year either. I had to check every connection and finally figured it out. Seems like a few dealers are a little light in their audio knowledge.

Adding stuff to the audio system will not help your case at all and jeopardizes your warranty.

Force dealer to send someone and file warranty claim or eat it.

You can't make it loud enough to hear when your moving and if it to loud when sitting still you just pi=% everyone off.

Bennington told The dealer to have it repaired by my installer and submit a invoice to them. It looks like since it was a custom build they used standard wiring harness's which were to short. And same for the second amp the wires were not hooked up to short. And it looks like the hum in the speakers when the moonlighting is on is from a bad dimmer rocker switch.

I'm surprised the hum is from a bad rocker. I would have guessed that your ground or remote wire was too close or tied into the mood lighting power wires.

Engine hum through speakers normally occurs when:

1. Power and ground are run too close together.

2. All stereo & amp grounds are not run with same guage to common ground bus.

Or

3. Gains on amp are cranked up too high.

Doesn't Bennington install that stuff at the factory? Doesn't make sense to have dealers all over the country trained to do installs when one guy at the factory can do them all. Okay, maybe two guys.

The stereos are installed at the factory. But the dealer should be checking this stuff before delivery. The hum is coming thru with no engine running by just turning on the moonlighting while siting on the trailer. I agree with you seems more like a ground issue.

Back