What a weekend! What a boat!

GWLK

Reaction score
My family has owned 4 pontoon boats over the past 71 years. The first two were used to tour the lake (not as much fun for the younger ones). Before our recent purchase, we had our share of speed boats, which were mainly used for waterskiing. Now we have the best of both worlds, skiing and tubing all day, cocktail cruising at night.

We have pulled two skiers several times throughout the decades, but I could never imagine our new Bennington doing what we set out do. I will never underestimate this baby again. She is a beast.

I downloaded 11 photos to my gallery, then I tried to scale them down and place them on this post, but no such luck. So if you would like to see all the photos, check out my photo album - "Waterskiing Weekend"

This photo is the grand finally

gallery_1508_387_131210.jpg

After the 3rd attempt, 6 skiers were pulled out of the water, plus 1 on for a ride and to make our first pyramid. Besides the crew of three on the boat. Captain, spotter, and photographer. So, a total of 10 people - WOW!

We stopped there, because we had no more skies or ropes. I believe we could have pulled up another 2 or three skiers. If we had a large enough dock and didn't have to pull all out of tem out of the water, there might not be no limit to what our new boat could do.

Enjoy

Awesome !!!!!! Great memories being made on a Bennington !!!

Incredible!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!

Great pics! Well done! We've had 4 skiiers behind our boat but that's it........We are really impressed w/the person who slalomed w/ the person wrapped around him! We know how incredibly hard that is! Our hat's off to him!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is mighty impressive!! If the pics are in your gallery now, just click on the "my media" button right beside the smiley face and choose "gallery images" and click on each of the pics you want to add into this topic. It works great!

Giving it a try Derrick, thanks

Getting ready for the big day of skiing

Boat is warmed up, time to go skiing

Only 6 & skiing unassisted

Thanks for the free ride Unc

I think we are warmed up

1, 2, 3 here we go. All off the ski pylon

That was still easy. 3 off ski pylon & 1 from toon lifting eye

Easy up, didn't feel any drag. 3 off ski pylon & 2 from the toon lifting eyes

After 3 attempts, it looks good. Pulling 6 skiers plus 1 on the back of 2nd skier from the left

They are all up and skiing, plus a pyramid. 7 all together

Wouldn't take all the photos in one reply, so here is the last one, maybe the best

It was a long day & a lot of hard work. Glad a Bennington has many uses

Great site, great people, great info

Thanks for the help Derrick

Great photos, never thought even a Bennington could do that!

My pleasure! I had already looked at them all, but it helps everyone see the extraordinaryness (I know it's not a word but it works!) of what you accomplished! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!! Welcome to the board, you've made quite an entrance already! Haha

That is just flat out awesome all around, awesome post and pics. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not getting that much fun from my boat yet, but hopefully someday. Great photos!!!!!

Really talented. Nice pics.

Back