What kind of anchor ?

Yup, from what I've seen & read .... what Off Call said, and invest in Minn Kota or comparable Electric Anchor Lift if your budget allows ...... You'll love it !!!

Another vote for the box anchor. I gave a 2575 with a 250HP on the back. We don't budge when using the box anchor. We bought the small box and it seems ample. Considering an extra small for the rear.

I believe everyone's comments about the box anchor. But it is pricey for the metal you get... You're paying for the design, which I don't have a problem with at all.

But, I chose a "navy" style anchor from Gander Mountain. I think it was on sale for $40 or $45. It weighs 28 lbs, which is a lot compared to the box anchor, but it holds our 24' boat solid in 30 mph gusts. Our lake has a soft mud bottom, and this thing digs in deep when it's pulled. One time I couldn't break it loose. We had to motor the boat around the opposite direction (up wind) to pull it loose.

It is cheaper, but it is a lot heavier. If you're lake is deep, you will work up a sweat pulling this thing up. Just another option for you.

With the slide anchor box anchor you won't have the problem with not being able to pull it up (it won't get stuck like that) because of its design.

I too swear by the box anchor. Great investment!

How about a Home Depot/Lowes bucket filled with a bag of Sacrete? Put a long eyebolt into the concrete when wet.

At least it's cheap @ $7.50 total cost.

Seriously, I have owned pontoon boats for 27 years, and have never had any use for an anchor. We just float and move back upriver from time to time.

With the slide anchor box anchor you won't have the problem with not being able to pull it up (it won't get stuck like that) because of its design.
Good point.

I've had the "Digger" anchor going on it's 6th season. Haven't any problems holding our boat in all kinds of windy weather.......

Have the baby and small box anchor. Would not use anything else. Unachoring is no hassle.

Back