What kind of trailer do I want?

mikeb33

Reaction score
I am getting my new 22SSRX SPS this weekend. The marina is on my lake so I will just drive it back to my slip, where it will stay until the fall. Then I will need a trailer to take it out, service it myself and the tow to indoor storage.
My last twin tube had a Karavan crank up trailer. What kind do I need for a tritoon? It's only to and from storage, about 6 miles, in the spring and fall.

runtpacket

Reaction score
Do you need the ability to lower the boat to the ground? If so you will need a crank up. But be warned they are way more expensive for a tritoon. if you don't a floaton/bunk style is the way to go.

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
We have a bunk style Trailmaster. Easy in Spring Easy out Fall. Then store Bennington right on the Trailer for the Winter. I have seen used Trailers also.

mikeb33

Reaction score
We have a bunk style Trailmaster. Easy in Spring Easy out Fall. Then store Bennington right on the Trailer for the Winter. I have seen used Trailers also.
This seems like the way I'll go. What length or capacity do I need for a 22ssrx w/extended aft and Yamaha 150?

Shmily

Reaction score
I’d probably see what your dealer recommends. My 22SSXAPG came with a Heritage bunk trailer. Not sure the size.

Bamaman

Reaction score
A bunk style trailer with tandem axles is the only way to go. If the boat's a full triton, 3 sets of bunks are required. If it's the Express Tube, two sets of bunks are all that's required. I'm towing my MarineMaster trailer with a 3/4 ton diesel crew cab truck with rear air bags and brakes are kept at 100%. I'm okay towing without trailer brakes. But some states require brakes on the trailer for either one or both axles--depending on state regulations. And there's nothing like having your own trailer to allow you to do your own maintenance and take care of the trailer better.

sjhorner9475

Reaction score
We have a Marine Master trailer as well for both our current and former boat. We have been very pleased with it.

mikeb33

Reaction score
Still needing a trailer for end of summer take out. I saw a wolverine at a local place but it only had 2 bunks. Do I have to have 3 for a triple? I am only towing about 5 miles spring and fall. Thanks.

lakeliving

Reaction score
Have you checked out Genesis? I'm happy with how mine is holding up. Does your boat have a full center toon?

DaveyJ

Reaction score
Most manufacturers have a Tritoon kit that converts a 2 bunk trailer. It was a $350 adder for the one on mine.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Mine also had only 2 bunks. They quickly added the center bunk.