What's the deal with our production date?

Well I will say, that Bennington builds what's "ordered". You need to address with the "dealer".

I really don't know what more to say, other than I'm sorry this has not worked out for you.

I think you really need to sit down with the dealer and hash it out.

Thanks Commodore. We just don't even know what to say to them anymore. We want our boat but this is just not acceptable. Guess our salesman was "let go" Monday so we can not get any answers there either. We liked him and trusted the whole team that helped us design and order the boat. We are just going to try to calm down and sleep on it...

We bought a stock unit back in 2006. But, if I ordered a new boat and it didn' come in the way I ordered it I would not accept it. They should order another one to your specifications.

Sleep on it is a very good idea. Whatever you decide, get it in writing. If they say something, have it in writing. Documentation is key.

I would not accept this build. I would find a different dealer no matter how far and get Bennington involved. This way you can use a boat until they get yours built the way you wanted it !!! Bennington should help you out with this because this dealer represents them . They should make the dealer that screwed up provide you a boat until your new one is built with no questions asked otherwise I would cancel everything an move on.. This is my second build . I have not had one issue ever with my dealer they are top notch. They wouldn't even question giving me a boat until this was corrected

Wow, I am sick with sympathy for you both. I can only imagine. I did notice that you said the dealer was hoping it wasn't your boat that the shrink-wrap came off of? That's at least a sign they realize there have been some errors on their part throughout this ordeal. You also mentioned they "let go" of the salesman that was involved...another sign that they are somewhat stepping up. I know these particular comments and actions don't make things right for your situation though. It's difficult for any one of us to tell you what you should do. I think I would not accept the order unless it was exactly what I wanted. Then, if the dealer will allow a refund, I would take my business somewhere else. Again, sorry for your heartbreak.

I'm sad to hear about all the issues. Are they sure that was your boat? seems like it is too far off to be correct. As for accepting as is or waiting for another, it all comes down to the time you have left and what you want to do with it. I would imagine something will happen and things will be made right. Hope you get this resolved quickly, smoothly and painlessly.

New update... Had a nice talk with our Regional Rep, Jared. Dealer was wrong... the color error can be fixed as it is the decal not the panel that is wrong! Good news! The extra livewell can be removed. Good news! Now to see if it can be cleaned up and then see what the dealer can do to make it right for all the delays and such... we have missed out on a month of fishing and now on our memorial weekend with the grandkids. But... we just want to be done and have our boat. Kona is still crying ;) We feel much better and more hopeful that this can all be resolved though!

Glad to hear the update. Just remember, take a deep breath, relax, and soon you will enjoy the Benninington Experience. Hopefully they can get it cleaned up by Friday, and possibly drop it in the water for you to use over the holiday. Just a thought ?? Kona should be happy soon ......

Trust me, if you are anything like me, my dog is my world (next to my wife) as we don't have any 2 legged kids, just four legged.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I couldn't agree more about your feelings for your dog and your wife. One of the main reasons we decided to get a boat was that it was something we could always do together. We were, especially me, tired of always leaving the dog behind on trips, like to Hawaii or a cruise. We like to fish and thought getting this boat would be fun, relaxing, and again, something that we could always bring Kona along. My wife has AI, adrenal insufficiency and stress is something she is really supposed to avoid, so these issues we've had with getting the boat have been harder on her than me. Everything happens in it's own time and for a reason, but taking exactly 4 months from when we ordered it was something I would never have thought was a possibility. Jared, whose title with Bennington is Sales/Informatics Manager is coming here next week to help, trying to get this new dealer on track, has offered to take us out on our initial outing with the boat to show us how to use/launch it, etc., providing it is ready to go when he is here. Should be an exciting week ahead. I am still kind of hoping that with the issues we have had we can get the electronics I purchased installed for next to nothing. We will see.

Bennington service is the best!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We will be bringing our Bennington home Tuesday afternoon 5/28 !!!!!! At long last :wub: We will try to get pics up soon! Color fix will be done later as the replacement decals have not arrived yet. It has been a rocky road but the dealer and Bennington came through for us in the end :)

Great to hear, Jared is a stand up guy, a great representative of what Bennington is in my opinion. I'm sure he is getting sick of all my emails and questions, but he keeps answering!! Hahaha

Woo hoo! Congrats! Glad it's all getting worked out in time for a great summer ahead!

Well, we got her home 2 days ago and everything is working out fine. It appears the problem was with the manager, who was also our sales person. He has been let go, and the new manager Edwin Devi is definately a pleasure to work with and was able to straighten ours, and many other customers screw ups. I feel confident now Larson Power Boats in Fife, WA will be around to take care of us in more of a professional and helpfull manner. So my thanks again to Jared Lacefield from Bennington, Edwin Devi from Larson, and all the forum support. If anyone lives in the Puget Sound, Seattle - Tacoma area looking for a boat, go see Edwin.

Great update - but where are the pics???

Jack

Back