Where'd Derrick go ????

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Haven't seen a post from him for about a week. Hope everything's ok ?????

I was wondering the same thing, Semper..........Also haven't heard from Keith in a long time.........plus still haven't heard from PDX Hosedragger.......

Last edited by a moderator:
He's at his dealer, working a trade in deal for his boat. He wants an 8.2 sterndriver. Maybe with the mahogany sides and trim.

;-)

I noticed Nerosync's gone missing too. 

Have the above been on facebook either? I'd don't have one otherwise I'd scope them out. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I haven't seen Derrick on FB either ??

Nerosync hasn't posted in a while but it is odd Derrick just disappeared. He did this a while back though. I'm sure he'll be back on here soon.

Todds been MIA too ???

Is it time to sound the alarm? Carl and Daril are retired. Maybe then can form an elite team who travels the countryside (including Canada) to complete welfare checks on inactive members. Could you image a knock on your door and they're standing at your door step with a laptop advising the form needs a post from you?  

I don't facebook much but I friended him yesterday and he accepted my request so I think he's still alive.

PDX is missing also.

Fear not fellow Benningtonians, I am alive and well. Thanks for the concern, just bogged down with everything lately. Between searching online for what I need to do my own winterization to letting my local Yamaha dealer know what things he doesn't have that he needs to do my service this year. I've been busy. Turns out that V8 and SHO motors need the Yamalube HD gear lube, not just the regular, which he doesn't have, even though he has already serviced my motor last year, and already did someone elses this year. So he has to order it for me. Then I was also reading how the 5W 30 Full Synthetic is "  Recommended primarily for Yamaha V MAX SHO outboards. Also works well in other Yamaha four stroke outboards (such as the V6 Offshore and F70 models) as well as other brands of marine sterndrive and inboard engines" , he doesn't have that either. Now it does say that I can still use normal 10W 30, but what do you guys think?

Go w/what Yamaha recommends 5W 30 Full synthetic although you can use 10W 30...................In my Mercruiser I/O I use their recommended 20W-40 full synthetic although I could use just straight 30 weight oil. I've had a couple mechanics tell me that...............

Go w/what Yamaha recommends 5W 30 Full synthetic although you can use 10W 30...................In my Mercruiser I/O I use their recommended 20W-40 full synthetic although I could use just straight 30 weight oil. I've had a couple mechanics tell me that...............
Kind of what I was thinking, the only thing the Yamaha guy was saying that since I only have 15 hours on the boat he was thinking I should do the 10W again , dunno. I look at my Escalade and it has always had full syn in it, even though GM now says you CAN run semi syn in it. I figure it was good then, might as well keep doing it.

If it were mine, I'd run Shell Rotella T6 5w40 full synthetic. Shell Rotella T was ranked at the top of the list by a very large fleet outboard distributor who sends samples of their used oil to a lab to be analyzed.   We run it in all of our Suzuki and Yamaha 4 strokes.

I run Mercury High Performance gear lube.  I've tried the best synthetic gear lubes on the market.......Alisyn, Redline, Amsoil, etc in the gearcases of my race engines.  These gearcases were fully surfaced, meaning that the propshaft is above the water line and that the propeller blades are constantly loading / unloading.  This puts tremendous stress on the internals of the gearcase.  While I never had a failure with any of the mentioned lubricants, I always had "Black Death" on the drain plug magnet.  That's what we called the tiny particles of metal (wear) that accumulate on the magnet. The only gearlube that didn't leave Black Death was the Mercury High Performance.  It's great stuff and it's the only lube I'll use in all of our gearcases now.

Hey Derrick, welcome home. Nice wedding pics also, couldn't tell those were your brothers. Ha Ha! I've been using 10-30 full syn in my Honda and it's been fine.

Woohoo, he wasn't abducted by aliens !!!! Glad to see ya back Derrick !!!

I can go to sleep now tonight and leave it to Derrick to be gone a week out playing around with lube.

Hi guys. Semper not sure if you were referring to the above post as Todds been Mia too (if that meant me) but I've been gods country the UP of Michigan trying to control the goose population. They've taken over and I'm trying to bring world balance back into the equation. So far geese 3 hunters 40. I'm trying to level the playing field. Hahhhhaha
Semper. BTW, my Benny is still in the water for a possible layout boat tender when the duck and goose season come too the south zone on 10/12/2013.
Hahahhaha. You guys rock

Ok your safe too .... Glad to see all is ok .... now if PDX and Nerosync would just check in ??? LOL !!!

Back