Who's grilling on their Bennington?

gregt909

Reaction score
Looking for grill mounting options. I have looked at a few rail mounted grills, just want to see what other option are out there? Is there a grill that attaches to the table pole?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are grilling and love it. Evening cruise with a little dinner, wine, and a sun set.

We have a Magma grill that does okay for our needs, not like the grill at home but makes for a good time. We pole mounted ours on the aft deck on the port side. Works great for us and super easy to set up or take down.

If it helps our boat is a GCW2275. Will take some photos and post them soon.

Steve

I have a grill that I bought for my Hurricane Deck Boat about 15 years ago and never used it.  It mounted on the gate.  When I gave the deck boat to my BIL, I kept the mount.  I may install on our Benny.

Grills in the middle of the boat and the seats and carpet are not a good mix.  Back on the rear deck and pivoted over the water would be the only way i would grill.  

Agreed Remediation, we don't grill but our neighbor had a kettle style grill that if I remember correctly swung out to so that it was outside of the boat 

We grill on our pontoon using a Coleman camping grill and a mount that attaches to the rail and hangs over the side. Works awesome for extended all day fishing and boating adventures! I usually mount mine to rear rail on the starboard side just in front of the gate for the ladder. Keeps it out of the way and guarantees that any grease that drips from burgers, brats, etc has very little chance of getting on anything.

I'm also grilling with a coleman rigged up on a rail mount bracket. Just got back from a 5-day trip and it worked great again. The only issue was it's performance with wind hitting it head on when the lid is open for pots/pans. I need to figure out a windscreen solution. 

Info on my setup here: http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/3474-my-diy-boat-grill/

A pic from camp on the trip I just got back from:

IMG_3025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I want to be a guest on YOUR boat! Mine usually get the option of hot dogs or turkey sandwiches!  Haha, still have to figure out a way to rail mount my grill on the new one. Well, I've figured out a couple ways, just gotta get my lazy ass around to doing it. Maybe after the bathroom reno and after I finally get my RC car out for its first run.

Wow that's a beautiful picture.

Love the pic! I've been tossing around the idea of putting a grill on the boat. I've been looking at the Magma grills. West Marine had them on sale a couple of weeks ago regularly $199 for $128 had it in my cart along with the $70 mounting bracket but I ended up putting it back. I do love the idea of grilling while I'm out on the boat but just don't know how often or would it be worth it. There's just something about eating hot food while we're out at the beach. I was thinking more about taking the grill to shore to prevent possibly burning anything on the boat or dripping grease anywhere.

Thanks again for sharing!

I want to try the tabletop "George Forman" using an inverter.

Seems simple & effective?

I want to try the tabletop "George Forman" using an inverter.

Seems simple & effective?

I'm thinking that's going to pull a lot of juice (no pun intended). You need to check the wattage, and see how much battery that thing will eat. I'd make sure to have a dual battery setup just to be safe.

I'd second checking the wattage on that foreman first. I thought it would be nice to get a real coffee maker on the boat for camping trips but they took way more juice than an inverter could deliver. Seems like a foreman grill would take even more than that. 

The inverter is big enough, but I do not have the dual battery set up & it could drain the battery even with the engine running. (Thanks for the  tip)

May have to experiment while having a jump pack on board.

Just toss a second battery on board and a solar charger (or throw in a battery switch) or better yet, get a small portable Honda generator (real quiet).

Back