Why us owners think Bennington is the best!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
I thought we should have a topic here for prospective buyers to read to understand why us current owners LOVE our boats and the company who made them. So I urge everyone who reads this, if you have a story about how Bennington, and Team Bennington stepped up to provide you with information or service that your were / are grateful for, tell it here. A sort of Testimonials idea.

I'll start,

Thank you for creating and maintaining this forum. I have gotten so much useful information, created many friendships, and gotten to share my fun , and not so fun, experiences with other like minded individuals in a positive and helpful manner.

Derrick

Thank you Team Bennington for also researching and giving me information on all my zany questions. I appreciated your recent help regarding my trailer, something that has nothing to do with you, but you still seeked out the answer and provided useful insight into the thorough testing Bennington does to provide a superior product.

Derrick

Mine started with research. I compared tons of boats. Bennington blew them away. The on to the dealer. Clay and Shelley were fantastic. Then I ordered and came to this site, and the help and advice, humor and welcome made me a believer. And to top it all off was Club Bennington and the extended warranty. Happy Camper!

We are absolutely thrilled with our Bennington. The quality and craftsmanship are both top notch. The factory and dealers treat their customers with first class service. I couldn't be happier with our decision to by Bennington. The compliments we get on the boat are nice, but it's the fun times spent with family and friends that are unforgettable, and having a quality boat like a Bennington makes ALL the fun times problem free. The memories made in the summer get me through the winter. We love cruising, tubing, beaching, floating and coving with our Bennington!

And only Bennington could pull off a website and forum like this one. The Bennington boat owners on this site have been INCREDIBLY helpful to me and have helped me make the best decisions possible, and I'm not talking just with regards to purchasing the boat itself, I'm talking about safety tips, operational advice, product reviews, aftermarket accessories, everything from life jackets to anchors and everything in between. And best of all, this forum isn't just a web page on a server somewhere, it's all about a great group of guys that are willing to spend their time helping anyone, anytime, with anything they might need. I am proud to own a Bennington and proud to be a Bennington Club Member!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked, looked, and looked some more for about 1 year. Took the wife with me quite a few times and I believe finally she thought, just buy one. I would look under the boats, over the boats, around the boats, sit in the boats, dream of the boats, questioned the sales representative's until they probably got sick of me about the boats. I could tell the Bennington's were a quality boat, but expensive to me. Then I looked at the dealer I bought my from and the one I decided on was discounted about 7K. The Mid-Atlantic boat show was 1 week away and if I purchased one there other discounts were included, plus additional warranties. Yamaha added a $250 discount on a 115HP and $500 on the 150HP, I went with the 150. It came with a 5 year warranty, the dealership through in an extra year (total of 6). Bennington gave a 7 year warranty on the boat and life time on the structure if purchased at the show. Also the dealer included a stainless steel grill that could be attached the the railing. I looked at every manufactured boat I could at the show, but the quality of the Bennington was way above the others, only 2 came close, the South Bay and the Premire. I did add some extras but am happy with my decision. Have to wait 5 or 6 more weeks to get it and can't wait.

Happy, Boating

This site and the people on it have been very helpful in providing information and feedback to the many questions that us newbies post.

Thanks to Bennington for this wonderful site, and to what will be my last boat. I told the wife last night that I have not been this excited about anything in a long time. I can't wait for our Benny to arrive, and then summer.

Wow, great topic!

We are to the point where we like to lounge around and watch the world go by, we are now empty nesters. We have been boating for over 40 years and have had most types of power boats and pwc from 16 to 48 foot. We were looking for a new boat about 8 years ago and stopped to look at pontoons. We started comparing the features all of our local brands offered and even went to a few boat shows out of state.

Well we decided to purchase a deck-boat, just couldn't get that idea out of my head that I still may need to run 50 mph plus. The boat was a very nice boat and we had few if any problems for 8 years. The only problem I really had was we could not get the Bennington pontoons out of our heads.

The deck boat started getting old after a couple years because of how we now cruise. We like to cruise in the 10 to 15 mph range. That is not the ideal speed for a planing hull, it's either 5 mph or 25 mph to get up on plane, the perfect speed for us was a bow high which is a royal pain to us and to everyone else on the lake. Over the last few years we began not liking our deck-boat.

Last year we decided we had to get something that was "more relaxing" to us. Our minds quickly went back to the Bennington pontoons. We did a little more research to see if anything had changed and it had not. Bennington offered the quality, the selection, and a really good dealer in our area. Our dealer didn't know it when we walked in but we came to buy a Bennington, nothing else would do.

A year later we are as thrilled with our Benny purchase as we were last year, maybe more! With spring approaching we just can't get the lake off our minds.

As for our next boat, well I'm sure it will be a Benny, just not sure which model yet.

Steve

Our dealer sold Qwest for the super budget buyer, and Bennington for those that made the mistake like us, and did not just buy it first time around. We looked at many brands, and like I said before, we probably could have saved some money, but we would have traded QUALITY for those savings. We never planned, wished but not planned on an RLi model. We actually put deposit on a "S", then changed our mind and upgraded to a "optioned out" "G", then ended up buying the dealer leftover "RLi". We only had a month to enjoy it, but we do not regret it AT ALL !! I have to admit though, OUR DEALER is what really tipped the scales as hey are first rate, top notch, best of the bunch. They really worked with us and made it an even more pleasant experience. So here's to owning the best in the industry, and I look forward to the day we can up the anti to a "Q".

If you are in South Central Pa or Northern Md., check out F&S Yamaha & Marine. You will not be dissapointed.

Smitty

Okay. Let me leave my 0.02 cents worth. I fished the tournament walleye circuit in Michigan and surrounding states. 25 foot Wellcraft center console. Then kids came along. They got tired of spending 10 hours of trolling and non skid decking on their feet. It had a console that slept 2 people which was great for kiddie naps. Then I got sent to Korea for 2 weeks for work. Wife went to Detroit boat show with my family and had all the brochures laid out when I returned. How do I go from tournament fishing to a pontoon boat? Well, Bennington set the bar. Within 3 weeks, we were in negotiations with the dealer. Bennington made the short list very quickly. Fit, finish, and customer service was second to none. Needless to say, by April, , we had placed our order for a new 2275 RCW and our wellcraft was sold. The customer service is unbelievable. I even had pics sent to me while the boat was being built at the factory. Too see the kids faces when we picked up the new boat was priceless. Can we still fish? Yes. Is it on comfortable? Hell yes. Ever try ton tube or skier behind a 25 foot boat with twin engines. Um, no. This boat will do anything I ask of it and more.

I finally have a happy family that loves to spend time on the water whether it be fishing, tubing, skiing, or just hanging out at the sand bar

Todd

That's plenty, Todd! ;-)

Darn smart phone double post. Not so smart are they? Or is the phone smarter then the operator???

Todd, glad it works great for you. It's hard to give up one hobby but I think you are way ahead of the curve on this one. What times do you think you kids will remember the most when they are grown..... no brainer. Steve

Thanks lakebum. You are correct. Although the kids loved catching walleye, the travel was a bit much. If they went with me, it was tough to focus on the tourney. But they caught some unbelievable fish and we're darn proud of them. If they didn't go, it was phone calls all weekend along about how they missed me and wanted me home. I give my wife all the credit for taking the lead and looking for a family boat. Do I miss it? Yeah some days. I am a competitive person. I played college football at Michigan Tech, hence the mtudb24 call sign. I was a defensive back with 24 as my number. We placed now and then which paid for expenses. He boat had 150 gallon fuel tank and was never fun filling her up. But to see how happy my kids and wife are now, is awesome. Will I get back into it someday? Maybe. My son is getting older and is a great first mate. He loves fishing recreational and maybe in a few years, well be able to do it again in a limited role. I wouldn't trade, at this time in my life, the bennington for any other boat. My daughter is happy catching perch and pan fish. She like to hold the rod in her hand vs waiting for a rod to go off while trolling. I will say her greatest moment was a 10lb hog walleye that is hanging in her room as a mount.

Thanks for remarks

Todd

Back