Wife ordered us a new boat!!!!!

Thanks rockcreek. It is going to be a long winter waiting for spring. I am still waiting to hear from our dealer with the build date. I'm hoping TeamBennington will be able to post some photos on here once I have the build date.

not at all. we purchase our Benny from Wilson Marine out in Brighton. once we chose the model we were informed our Benny would have to be rigged. question, whats the difference in rigging and building?

a long winter indeed. i think ima arrange a sit down with mother nature and old man winter <_<

Building is Bennington plant, Rigging is when the dealer places the motor on the boat

thanks link, however i disagree. i believe rigging entails more than mounting a motor. in any event im happy with the 2012 2250GL

I think rigging is typically the install of the throttle housing and cables based on the motor being used, and the motor install.

Also rigging may include batteries, trolling motors, etc .....

Rigging includes but is not limited to: unloading the boat from the semi, removing shrink wrap, mounting bimini top(s) frame and canvas, mounting the engine, connecting batteries, steering and throttle cables, testing engine/prop combination for proper RPM range, mounting console cap (on boats with a raised helm feature), installing ski tow bars (on boats with this feature) and installing any other dealership add-ons you requested. Boats are shipped from the factory after being vacuumed thoroughly and covering upholstery in sheets, but additional shavings "fall out" during shipment, so the dealer will also give your boat a second cleaning before presenting the boat to you for delivery. Batteries and props are not included from Bennington, and some dealers will wrap these costs into the "rigging" fee. Other dealers itemize these costs separately on your bill of sale.

Depending on the rig and features, rigging time can range from several hours to as long as 8-9 hours.

Hope this helps! TB

Lakelivin'...your serial number will tell you the month and year of production, along with the MODEL YEAR. (Based on the last 4 digits)

ETW56789J213

J is October (A = January, etc)

2 is 2012 production year

13 is 2013 model year

Thanks for the info TB! I am waiting to hear from the dealer (White's Landing) on our build date. Then I was hoping someone at Bennington could post/send us some photos of the build. Thanks!

I'm actually in Indinapolis for work right now. I was actually thinking about swinging by the plant on my way back. Who would I talk to about taking a quick tour....

A blast from the past.

A trip down memory lane! I think that was my first post.

And now 2,000+ posts later you are all grown up and about to have one of the best days of your life.  Enjoy Andy

Thanks Mark. I'll be sure to get some pics up as soon as possible.

I think you should start doing your "happy dance".   :p

I'll post some pics later. With the inlaws now and didn't want to leave you guys hanging. Boat is here and on the lift! Couple minor issues but overall I love this thing! Due to 35 mph winds we essentially went from the launch to the lift. More to come later.

Back