Winter storage

ccbb088

Reaction score
What do you do or have done to your Bennington for winter storage as far as cleaning and winterizing?

Clean everything good and make sure I have plenty of fuel stabilizer. I then cover, raise the lift and leave at the covered marina slip. I go down once a month, lower into water and run engine about 10 to 15 minutes. I think I do this more out of missing the lake during winter than needing to.

Inside at the dealer where it was purchased ,they take care of everything 

Final scrub down of toons, wipe down seats with 303, clean and wax panels, call dealer and cry for next 5 months. They pull it and store it indoors over winter. We are usually last one out, first one in. Our dealer really takes good care of us.

Agree with SemperFi.  It is important o be prepared to wash your toons as soon as it comes out of the water before they dry as it takes so much less work.  I use a power washer on mine

I used an industrial box of dryer sheets and cover every inch of the floor, inside the storage toon and under the seats. Keeps the spiders and varmnts away. 2 coats of 303 on the seats as well.

That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship!

Submarine?

My winter prep involves pulling the boat lift and dock too. Dealer is handling the winterization of the toon while adding power assist. Come on spring!

Yup, I just purchased all my winterizing supplies but what should I spray on the Sharkheide coated toons before power washing?  How strong of a spray can I use on the Sharkheide?

Thanks

Mild soap or car wash soap.  No solvents.  The power washer will be ok just don;t use the 0 degree nozzle.  

Back