Winter wonderland .... Post up pics

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Post up pics if u got em .. Might as well try to enjoy something pretty while the Benni's are asleep ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Truck took out stop sign at end of street .......

This vendor truck is stuck here till it  stops ......

And then there is this ,that adds to my accumulation if the wind blows south east .

Highlands1.jpg

I would if it would snow here in Fredericksburg. They called for 3 to 5 inches, cancelled schools and it's only raining...............Ha!

Yup, no snow here either, just rain and cold. It was much nicer in St Maarteen.    B)

I would if it would snow here in Fredericksburg. They called for 3 to 5 inches, cancelled schools and it's only raining...............Ha!
Goodness... Cancelled school for a little bit of "potential snow".  It is - 40 C here today with the wind chill and everything is business as usual.   :)

We got about 2" here about 25 miles north of you.  No school, and no work for federal workers in DC!

John 

It's ok, we're use to those in DC not getting much done anyway!!!

The company I work for is based in Mass and they send everyone home when there is a chance of bad weather, but here in Michigan the office folk have to stay even if we're getting 8" If everyone didn't drive like crap to begin with out there they could handle an inch of snow on the roads.

The DC area is a transient area. We have people from all over the United States and the world visiting and living here. A lot of these people have never seen snow much less drive on it. There have been numerous accidents already from just the freezing rain and the 2 or so inches that DC and northern Virginia got. When I went to college in New England it would snow a foot and it was business as usual. Here just the forecast of snow puts the school system in a panic. Don't want anything happening to the little kiddies right??????

John, my son teaches at Woodbridge high school. One thing about Prince William county schools........ You might not be getting any snow in Woodbridge but it might be blizzard conditions way west of Manassas but still in PWC. So what does that mean??????? The whole school system is closed and it's dry where you are............

Goodness... Cancelled school for a little bit of "potential snow".  It is - 40 C here today with the wind chill and everything is business as usual.   :)
Ahhh, it's nice to have someone I can relate to! Haha I can remember still walking to school when it was -50C with the windchill. Hehe, back in the "old days". They NEVER used to cancel school because of weather in Thompson. We didn't have any buses because you're either in Thompson, or you're not. There is no farms or surrounding areas, just bush. I heard through some friends that now they do, I don't know how cold it has to be, but not anywhere near what we used to walk in! And for the funny people, no it wasn't uphill both ways, yes I had shoes, but it has been snow up to my knees! Haha I find it funny how many people have never experienced "square" tires!

Here is a hilarious clip of you Southerners! 

All in good fun!

Wow!  Derrick's video is too Funny.  And the pictures above are beautiful.  Can we post pictures  of summer stuff or is this site limited to winter pictures?  I only have pictures of summer stuff.  

Every time I try to post my pictures, I get a rectangular box that reads,

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

And I don't seem to be able to post my pictures using the guidelines on the "How to post your pictures on 5 easy steps" page.  Can someone help me?

In the icon section of the reply box there is a green square that says image when hovered  over  .If you have the url for the pic you would like to post  ,click on the box and paste the link ,hit the post button .

Hope that helps .

You may still get that message if the pic is copyrighted .

Thank you, jsfb6pts, I now have found the green square icon and it does indeed say "image" over it.  Thank you.  You would think I would have noticed this earlier.  I feel pretty stupid about this, and quite embarrassed too.   Many of my pictures come from my own computer and I am used to just copying and pasting them.  I cannot find a URL on my pictures, specifically the first picture I wanted to paste (or upload).    So how can I find the URL of a picture that I took from my own camera and pasted into my own computer?

Keep this thread to winter pics please. We (you) can start another thread for summer pics if you like.

Chippy stuck outside waiting for summer to come

Thank you, jsfb6pts, I now have found the green square icon and it does indeed say "image" over it.  Thank you.  You would think I would have noticed this earlier.  I feel pretty stupid about this, and quite embarrassed too.   Many of my pictures come from my own computer and I am used to just copying and pasting them.  I cannot find a URL on my pictures, specifically the first picture I wanted to paste (or upload).    So how can I find the URL of a picture that I took from my own camera and pasted into my own computer?
My pics I have always been able to copy and paste .

You can also set up ' Your Gallery" and copy from  the " My Media " Icon 

Back