Woodenpontoon

Super Cool Story! I to have a garage full of started projects, but that is true craftsmanship there.

Great story for sure. What an inspirational story. I love that it is outfitted with Bennington items as well!!!

That's Great Dan!  Heard it was going to be in PDB but haven't received my issue yet

As someone with a basement chock full of work in process, I have the utmost respect for anyone that can carry that project on for so long and actually finish it! It's quite an impressive achievement, for sure.

I echo TomS sentiments.

I still have my 1969 Nova from when I was in high school, gradumatated in 1988, got the car when I was 16... it's a giant pile of rust and every year for the past 24 years I say I'm going to do something with it...

Well done. Well done, on a magnificent job of usable (and possibly the most enjoyable) piece of art. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Great article and very cool build!

Jack

I have always liked the old chris craft and hand made wooden canoes but this wooden pontoon boat is simply awesome,what an accomplishment.Hope to see it in person some day.

Thanks for the compliments guys.  I appreciate your interests.

This article was originally printed in the July 2010 issue.  I was real surprised to see it on face book last week.

Oh, that was prior to starting my subscription so I went back and read the article.  Nice job Wooden Pontoon!  I especially love the picture of the work you did on the pontoon, the contrasting colors & design are a work of art. 

Dan you might be interested in a friend I meet up at our lake.  His name is Adam and he is only in his 20's.  He is an engineer at Taylor Made but his passion is wooden boats like Chris Craft.  He designs them on the computer and makes them entirely from raw wood including bending the wood.  He takes care of my boat and seadoo and stores them in his storage shed.  He and his wife are great people and they have become good friends of me and Kathy.  Here is a link to his website http://reetsboatworks.com/

Back