Would You Add The Express Performance Package Again Or Not?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
I have a 2275 GCW Yamaha F115LB build pending for this month. I'm trying to decide whether to add the EPP option or not. I can't justify the other middle pontoon options.

Will I regret going the EPP route with a Yamaha F115LBA?  The main negative seems to be excessive bow lift with the EPP setup, how bad is it actually? The plus seems to be a nicer over all ride once on plane? Could I also get a speed increase with the EPP option?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't consider that a negative at all. You get extra buoyancy when there are lots of people up front, and it helps you jump up on plane quicker. It sits nose high at the dock is all. With passengers, not so much.

I'm pretty sour on the 115s though. I wish they weren't made. If you are not getting a 150, maybe two tubes is fine...

Tubing sucks with a 115. Kneeboarding and wake boarding and skiing will be fine with a 115. If any of those are in your future, get the EPP. It turns faster than two tubes, and is good for getting back to a fallen skier quicker, plus you will get more speed if you get strakes too.

I don't consider that a negative at all. You get extra buoyancy when there are lots of people up front, and it helps you jump up on plane quicker. It sits nose high at the dock is all. With passengers, not so much.

I'm prett sour on the 115s though. I wish they weren't made. If you are not getting a 150, maybe two tubes is fine...

Tubing sucks with a 115. Kneeboarding and wake boarding and skiing will be fine with a 115. If any of those are in your future, get the EPP. It turns faster than two, plus you will get more speed if you get strakes too.

I'm pretty sour on the 115s though. I wish they weren't made. If you are not getting a 150, maybe two tubes is fine...

Tubing sucks with a 115. Kneeboarding and wake boarding and skiing will be fine with a 115. If any of those are in your future, get the EPP. It turns faster than two, plus you will get more speed if you get strakes too.
We have no plans for tubing or skiing with this boat.   

A tri-toon will always get better resale. But it costs more up front too. Just saying you'd probably get most of it back when you sell or trade. I would guess it's a small % that get just the two plain round tubes anymore. It would be interesting to know Bennington's statistics on that...

Time for a hull survey???

Ditto on Nick's comment.

I thought we answered your questions in the earlier post?

The redundancy is getting confusing.

Back