Wow 40 hours already

How many hours should I expect from a well taken care of, Yamaha F90? I do lots of floating, but I cruise between 3000 and 4000 RPM, when moving. 

How many hours should I expect from a well taken care of, Yamaha F90? I do lots of floating, but I cruise between 3000 and 4000 RPM, when moving. 

Engines last longer than the onset of PADS :p

My 115 Mercury 4 stroke on my last Bennington was 10 years old and had 375 hours on it.  Never had one issue with it.  I did above and beyond yearly maintenance on it.  My dealer told me last week that they had 7 people lined up to buy my 10 year old Benny before I had even brought it in a week before my new boat was ready.  They did not even market it. They have a list of people that are looking for well kept used Benningtons.  The first guy they called said he was interested without seeing it  another 6 people expressed interest.  First guy bought on spot when he saw it. Dealer felt any of the 7 would have taken it.  I find it fascinating. I received 50% of what I paid on trade in and realize I could have sold it quickly on my own for more. Oh well, either way I have a new Benny.

Let them know where an almost new 2014 Red Tower Bennington (witha kickin' stereo) is located... It has less than 50 hours. :)

What would the shipping costs from Manitoba be?!? Ha!

At least you guys have hour meters on your boats. I have no idea how many hours we have on our boat because we don't have one.......Not that I need one.

Next year we are going to go to Louisville but we want to drive down first and scope it out so we can see exactly where we can dock the boat overnight

We launched in Cincinnati and overnighted in Louisville several years ago.  There was a restaurant on the Indiana shore across from Louisville that let us overnight on their dock.  We did have dinner there.   

Passed the 40 hour mark this past weekend. Boat was delivered 5/27/16.

Completely problem free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had the 20 hour service done at 40 per the dealer. This past weekend was great. No chance of rain, low humidity and the wife's birthday weekend. We went from 40 hrs to 55 hrs just this weekend. Giving it a rest this week and see how the weekend pans out since they call for rain all weekend. 

We hit the 40 hour mark today on the new boat. We picked up the boat on June 17. The first 20 hours were what I call BPA and the second 20 are APA. That would be " Before Power Assist" and "After Power Assist".  I have loved the boat the whole time but there is nothing like the time with the boat After Power Assist.  We had previous Benny,  a pontoon with a Merc 115 and never put more than 36 hours on the motor in a year.  That does not mean we did not spend a lot of time on the boat. You can figure 3 hours on the boat for every hour on the motor. We just love the SPS with the 200 HP Yamaha so we drive around now more than we use too.  We've enjoyed every minute on the new boat!

We hit the 40 hour mark today on the new boat. We picked up the boat on June 17. The first 20 hours were what I call BPA and the second 20 are APA. That would be " Before Power Assist" and "After Power Assist".  I have loved the boat the whole time but there is nothing like the time with the boat After Power Assist.  We had previous Benny,  a pontoon with a Merc 115 and never put more than 36 hours on the motor in a year.  That does not mean we did not spend a lot of time on the boat. You can figure 3 hours on the boat for every hour on the motor. We just love the SPS with the 200 HP Yamaha so we drive around now more than we use too.  We've enjoyed every minute on the new boat!

So good to read! My best to you all!

So good to read! My best to you all!

Thank you Randy. Your support was instrumental to a quick installation of the power assist.  

+2. I absolutely love it. I can hold the little guy on my lap and run 40+ without having to fight the wheel when coming in hot.

Passed the 40 hour mark this past weekend. Boat was delivered 5/27/16.

Randy, you need to start using that thing. I took delivery a week earlier and have over 60 even with all the problems I've had with ours.

Randy, you need to start using that thing. I took delivery a week earlier and have over 60 even with all the problems I've had with ours.

Oh, we're using the hell out of it. We just spend a lot of time on the boat with the motor off.

Back