Wow 40 hours already

Steve21slx

Reaction score
Man we have been burning it up. Already hit 40 hrs. Not sure if that is bad or good. LOL Did a 111 mile journey a couple weeks ago getting prepared to do our Journey to frankfort, KY. Our dealer said that they are doing the 20 hr maintenance at 40 so I guess i will call them to get it scheduled before we take the longer one latter this year. Been loving the boat though and it is so nice to finally have something that gets us to where we want to go in a decent time.

100+ mile round trip-Garmin Adventure

Trip to Frankfort-Garmin Adventure This will end up being 118 one way and we will run to madison to get gas before the trip down to frankfort. There will be 5 locks to pass through. Hoping it all works out this year if not definitely next season.

I've had my boat about 13 months now. I think I have around 160 hours on it. I got it to use it although I haven't had it out in 2 weeks. 

On edit: Yeah, SemperFi.... I'm also talking about only motor hours. We do a whole lot of just sitting and floating while on the boat. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we will reach that this year LOL although we have only had it just under 2 months but our season will end soon probably middle of september. Then it goes back to bennington to have some stuff fixed. I was talking to a guy that was like I have had my boat for 3 years and only have 50 hrs on it. I am like I bought it to use it. Not making a payment for it to sit around. That will be hard enough this winter when I make that payment and can not use it. May have to make a trip south so we can feel better about it!!

We do probably do around 70-80 hours a year on the motor, but probably more like 300 plus hours total on the boat ....  ;)

All our family and friends know April to October is boat time, don't call us, unless it's to come hang out on the boat !! :D

Yeah me and my wife were talking yesterday about how we spent 30,000+ on a boat and can't get anyone to go with us not even our kids. Oh well I am going to enjoy it no matter what and those land lovers can... , well not going to say that here!! :eek: Plan on a good trip this weekend coming up as it is my wife's birthday. 

Weird how some don't like being on the water. I grew up in the woods riding dirt bikes and such and didn't get into boats until I met my wife. Being on the water is a lot more fun in my opinion. I've never head an issue inviting family/friends over for a ride.

And we put about 50 hours of run time on ours this year.

Yeah me and my wife were talking yesterday about how we spent 30,000+ on a boat and can't get anyone to go with us not even our kids. Oh well I am going to enjoy it no matter what and those land lovers can... , well not going to say that here!! :eek: Plan on a good trip this weekend coming up as it is my wife's birthday. 

I think our daughter has been out with us about 2 or 3 times. She's 18, and just not too interested in boating at this time, unless it's a kayak. Fixing to take her to Ole Miss in a couple of weeks, so.......

My dad hates just putting around the lake for hours, but my mom loves it. She can only handle the sun/heat for so long though, but she comes out when she can. I'm sure if she was a little younger, she'd own a Benni too .....  :wub:

In our 3rd summer of use we have put a few hours on the boat (over 290) but a whole lot more hours actually out on the water.  We tend to head to the sandbar early and while the wife floats around I clean the boat.....water temp last weekend was in the low 90's.  Wipe the toons down and spray wax the side panels......make it look good.   Then when it starts to get busy at the sandbar we pull anchors and go ride around for the afternoon.  Anchor up later and grab a bite to eat (if we packed the full cooler of food and drinks) and relax.  Sunset cruises are the best!

DSCN8370_zps9kickqur.jpg

DSCN8381_zpsyyu6zpuc.jpg

DSCN8356_zpsuuzxvt6r.jpg
DSCN8354_zps56r2al5j.jpg

We went up to Indian lake when we started looking for a new boat earlier this summer. Never been there before and we were very pleasantly surprised. That is were we ran into the benningtons at one of the dealers there. When we came back home we looked around here and found a bennington dealer which is were we bought the boat. We keep talking about towing the boat up there for the weekend but have yet to do it. Very nice lake and surrounding area. Maybe if we head up that way I will look you up. I wish we had some lakes with that atmosphere around here.

There are several members here that are on or boat on indian lake.   We actually bought our boat at spend a day....the bennington dealer that you ran into at the lake.

Haha, and then there's me. Went out boating both Saturday and Sunday, and ALMOST have 42 hours total on the motor! Not as bad as my cousin. He got his MB Sport boat in June 2012, has 23 hours on it. He messaged me this morning asking if my dealer would sell it on consignment for him.

4th season and haven't cracked 100 hrs total yet, despite living on a lake. Now dat ain't right either!

Get a bigger motor.

4th season and haven't cracked 100 hrs total yet, despite living on a lake. Now dat ain't right either!

Wanna trade boats ??  :D

Get a bigger motor.

Yeah we kind of wish we would have but the 90 does good. Boating on a river system I think is a little bit different than a lake though I guess unless it is a huge lake. We have done a 100+ mile trip spending 8-9 hours out on the river. Getting ready to do 200+ mile trip later in the year to frankfort, ky as I showed in the link above. This weekend we will go to madison, indiana probably and maybe go hit a lake somewhere as we have yet to take it to a lake. Next year we are going to go to Louisville but we want to drive down first and scope it out so we can see exactly where we can dock the boat overnight. Aparrently there is a few places to do it there so we are hoping that it all works out. We went out for a few hours last night. Like evening cruises but it's a pain putting the boat up in the dark. LOL

13932771_10206434039399527_8965249377663118020_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, and then there's me. Went out boating both Saturday and Sunday, and ALMOST have 42 hours total on the motor! Not as bad as my cousin. He got his MB Sport boat in June 2012, has 23 hours on it. He messaged me this morning asking if my dealer would sell it on consignment for him.

Glad to hear you're getting out on the boat Derrick!

Our boat's now 4 years old, and I only have 59 hours on it.  After moving this Spring, we just have not had the time to go boating. 

With the lake in our front door, we don't have to do a 50 mile drive.  When you trailer a boat into a lake, you feel like you've got to make a full day out of--and run as fast and hard as you can.

We often go out 1/2 mile and just float half the night--listening to music.  You don't put many hrs. on them that way.

But I do need to get out there and do some running.

Our boat is also 4 years old and if I remember right we have just under 200 hours on it.  We have a place on the waters edge but only stay there Friday morning through Sunday nights as Kathy's mother summers with us at our house in Albany and we don't feel right leaving her alone for longer stretches at a time. 

Her mother is considering staying at her home in Florida year round beginning next year and although I love having her if she does decide that I could see spending a lot more time at the lake and the boating hours will go up drastically

Back