Wrapper off Prep Begins

Sweet!!!

I never understood why the strakes don't go farther back.  Seems counter-intuitive to me, but Bennington knows what they are doing.

My 2012 S has the R chair upgrade.  Not sure why they quit making that an option.  It is by FAR the best seat in the house.

By the way Chris, the "yada, yada, yada" in your signature made me laugh.  I guess I interpreted it to mean the whole boat is so awesome, that there really was no point in listing all the upgrades...  Not sure if that's what you meant, but made me laugh.

Sweet!!!

I never understood why the strakes don't go farther back.  Seems counter-intuitive to me, but Bennington knows what they are doing.

My 2012 S has the R chair upgrade.  Not sure why they quit making that an option.  It is by FAR the best seat in the house.

By the way Chris, the "yada, yada, yada" in your signature made me laugh.  I guess I interpreted it to mean the whole boat is so awesome, that there really was no point in listing all the upgrades...  Not sure if that's what you meant, but made me laugh.
Don't read too much into it, kind of an old Seinfeld thing. It just means there's a lot of other stuff that I didn't feel like typing.

As for the helm chair, I had the choice of the R/Q upgrade or the extra wide chair. Looking for extra comfort I thought wider was better than taller. The side piece to that is without the extra height I don't have to worry about where the chair back is when I put the cover on.

A week away and I'm liking how all this has been going.

CZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice, I'm sure your super excited for next week!

Looks nice, I'm sure your super excited for next week!
Yep, getting there. I'm going to take a side trip over to West Marine today to have a look at fender solutions. I'm all set at my dock with the big balls I've been using for the last few years, but I'm wanting four decent sized fenders to keep on-board for rafting and docking elsewhere. 

And, I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'm going to change the steering wheel. Such problems, eh?  :)

It's a rough life but us members will do it the rest don't have to!

What's up with the steering wheel? Never heard of swapping that out.

Yep, getting there. I'm going to take a side trip over to West Marine today to have a look at fender solutions. I'm all set at my dock with the big balls I've been using for the last few years, but I'm wanting four decent sized fenders to keep on-board for rafting and docking elsewhere.

And, I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'm going to change the steering wheel. Such problems, eh? :)
You've been using your what to do what??? Hahaha

FYI.. DO NOT google big balls and docking... You cannot unsee some things!

FYI.. DO NOT google big balls and docking... You cannot unsee some things!
Sorry guys, forgot to turn off my web cam. Trying to make some extra money for boat fuel.

It's a rough life but us members will do it the rest don't have to!

What's up with the steering wheel? Never heard of swapping that out.
Last boat was a center console and it had one of those nice chrome wheels with a "suicide knob" integrated into it. I grew very fond of handling the boat with the knob, particularly when handling in close quarters or spinning the boat around to pick up a ski or tuber.

I looked at the wheel closely and I don't think that the add-on knobs will work as well. West Marine sells a few, I'll have to explore a bit more.

Sorry guys, forgot to turn off my web cam. Trying to make some extra money for boat fuel.
This topic ,started with "wrapper off " Does that refer to how you sit at your pc ,Andy ? ( you posted it )  :D

Last boat was a center console and it had one of those nice chrome wheels with a "suicide knob" integrated into it. I grew very fond of handling the boat with the knob, particularly when handling in close quarters or spinning the boat around to pick up a ski or tuber.

I looked at the wheel closely and I don't think that the add-on knobs will work as well. West Marine sells a few, I'll have to explore a bit more.
Amazon . 352 listed currently .

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/188-6608490-6514111?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=suicide%20knob&sprefix=suicide+k%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asuicide%20knob

Go to spinner ( do not google that ) 

and it bumps it up to 757 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_kk_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aspinner+knob&keywords=spinner+knob&ie=UTF8&qid=1397312861

I knew someone would grab the big ball topic and run with it.   :rolleyes:

I looked here at one point but with the plastic wood construction of the wheel it might not be suitable for a clamp on knob. I'll actually wait a bit to see IF changing the wheel would actually be desirable.

The folks that ponied up the bucks for the power steering have the best of both worlds, the low effort allows them to palm the wheel quickly with little effort. Maybe for the next boat.   ;)

I did order the power steering ,would be happy to report IF the ice ever breaks .

This topic ,started with "wrapper off " Does that refer to how you sit at your pc ,Andy ? ( you posted it )  :D
Good one Jack!

Makes sense with the knob, if your comfortable with it go for it.

I grew very fond of handling the boat with the knob, particularly when handling in close quarters or spinning the boat around to pick up a ski or tuber.
Man, you guys sure do things differently in NY!!! Sorry, with the way this topic headed, I figured it was acceptable!   :)

What a nice boat!!  Some of you guys are wayyyyy out there!

Marc

It has been a long winter and many of us haven't had our dose of bennington yet this spring. Bear with us for a couple more weeks, Derrick will need a couple more months.

Actually Andy, I'm always like this!! You know, because of my "two week boating season" as someone so nicely put it! :)

Back