Yamaha 115 Prop Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update,  I ran all summer with the Nemesis prop on the 115 and it did great.  We put over 70 hours on it this year and really enjoyed the boat, but it didn't give a very exciting ride on the tube for the grandkids.  MY buddy came through and found a 2014 Yamaha 150 4 stroke that I am installing on Saturday.  So I guess I'll get to play with props on it as well!!

What is that boat rated for? Can it handle the 150? Just curious. My 22ssl was a 115 max but was only a two tuber.

It does have a 115 rating on it even though it has the Express Tube package.  I currently have the 115 with a jack plate, so I am removing the jack plate when we install the 150.  I've already checked with my insurance company and they will insure it with the 150 for the same price.  I'm also installing a transom reinforcement bracket.  The weight difference between the two is only 80 lbs so I decided to give it a shot.

Proceed at your own risk.

This per Bennington Marine: "Anything over the hp capacity on the plate is against the law.  The structural warranty is  lifetime to original owner as long as boat is not overpowered or otherwise tampered with."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back