Yamaha ECM Recall

lakeliving

Reaction score
I got a call from the dealer who services our Bennington/Yamaha outboard and apparently our motor (F200) has a recall due to the ECM not detecting 10% ethanol properly. I figured I would put this out there as I don't see anything on their website yet. Props to the dealer for being pro-active and getting word out to their customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamaha is very quick with their service bulletins.

I got a call from the dealer who services our Bennington/Yamaha outboard and apparently our motor (F200) has a recall due to the ECM not detecting 10% ethanol properly. I figured I would put this out there as I don't see anything on their website yet. Props to the dealer for being pro-active and getting word out to their customers.

Thanks for the head's up.  I'll have to contact my dealer to see what they know about it.

Got word from my dealer that my particular serial number isn't part of the recall.

Andy, with your luck, your problems are just beginning...

I'd say Mr. Lakeliving is a pretty lucky guy from what I can tell.

Tell him about your power steering leak....

Tell him about your power steering leak....

It better not be leaking still!!! I didn't see any drips last year after the dealer added the power assist. I'll check again once I pull it out for the season. I'm hoping that is a thing of the past.

So to bring this full circle I took the boat in yesterday for the ecu swap. Only took 30 minutes or so. Got it back on the water and I wanted to see what they did regarding mapping, turns out it is a little faster now. Could have been the colder air but my new top speed per gps is 44.4. Getting closer to that 45 I originally hoped for!

Oh, and from all the idiots power loading at our lake when we backed the trailer in deep enough to get the boat back off we broke out both rear trailer lights.... always something.

Last edited:
Oh, and from all the idiots power loading at our lake when we backed the trailer in deep enough to get the boat back off we broke out both rear trailer lights.... always something.

Don't feel bad, contractor buddy of mine dropped his off the end, got all rammy, and hauled ass out of the hole and split the trailer in two .... :D Luckily the marina nearby sold new trailers ..... expensive lesson....:confused:

Don't feel bad, contractor buddy of mine dropped his off the end, got all rammy, and hauled ass out of the hole and split the trailer in two .... :D Luckily the marina nearby sold new trailers ..... expensive lesson....:confused:

I think what happened is we just rammed that hidden mound back there. Makes sense as the trailer is 30+ ft long and our water levels are down. I'm going to go over there on the next sunny, calm day and scope it out.

Back