YOUR pontoon ideas!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
I guess next time I'll leave them snapped and see if I can just force the boot closed with the zipper. As for the bow gate I figured there is not a stop on the floor due to jammed toes etc. Maybe I'll install one anyway.
How about a plain old simple old-fashioned door wedge?

%24%28KGrHqZ,%21iIFBQt6jzMSBQkRWtUyy%21~~60_35.JPG

That's a lighthouse on there Derrick. It's not a uhhh... umm.... uhhh... Bishop.

HAHAHA I have seen a lighthouse before! Just because I'm no where near the ocean, doesn't mean I haven't been!! Although, I must say, at first I thought it was something from your 'personal' collection! haha jk

Kaydano collects ribbed lighthouses. It is a very niche market.
I hear it's all the rage in Europe. Ok, ok, way off topic, and it's TB's topic! I slapped myself on the fingers for this one.

Kaydano collects ribbed lighthouses. It is a very niche market.
Ha ha ha! I found the image on Google. I was looking for the old fashioned, basic, cheap, brown rubber wedge every office building has a thousand of. Seemed like a simple fix to the bow gate problem.

Then I saw the lighthouse and thought of Derrick...

Aww, Kaydano, are you saying I'm your guiding light?? That's sweet. A little awkward, but hey, whatever floats your boat!

Awkward??? Since when has awkwardness bothered you???

Ha ha ha.

Seeing the recent fogging issue on the gauges does make me think of something. An item I would like Bennington to improve on is their gauges. I wish the gauges would have better illumination on a high setting like auto gauges and the ability to decrease the glare when not desired. (i.e. dim.) My gauges are very hard to see at night. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
It would also be nice to have a ladder strap. There are plenty of aftermarket straps out there but it would be nice to have one come with the boat or even an option when ordering.

How about slide outs like on RV's
Funny you say this, just watched Extreme Boats and they had a Carbon Fiber V-Hull one with dual slides .... Kind of out if my price range though !!! LOL !!

How about a power vent for the center tube to suck the gas fume out of mine like regular I/O boats have. If nothing else since I seem to be the only one on the boards that has had gas fumes in my center tube since new it would help all with lowering the moisture build up inside the tube issue everyone seems to have as it would circulate air through it to keep humidity down.

Last edited by a moderator:
A simple interlock switch on the rear ladder to prevent the motor from starting ? Gerry

So, I have an idea for a concept in a pontoon. I really, really believe it should be headed that way already in the motor department. Heck, I don't necessarily know if it would be Bennington to do it. The idea is, "Solar Battery Power!" You put solar cells around the skirt, sort of flaring outward, and you operate on battery storage. I really don't know if this is doable, but if it was, it would be worth the world in a hybrid engine design.

I really like the simple idea of incorporating some type of lockable storage like a glovebox into the console. There is never too much storage space on a boat. I like the idea of recliners built into the seats. Once you drop anchor or tie up in your favorite spot, kick back.

I really like the simple idea of incorporating some type of lockable storage like a glovebox into the console. There is never too much storage space on a boat. I like the idea of recliners built into the seats. Once you drop anchor or tie up in your favorite spot, kick back.
The helm door locks. Granted a 5 year old could probably rip it open, but it does lock.

And the G model has a glove box, but not my R ????? <_<

Yeah, I def would keep my raised R helm over a regular with glovebox ......

Back