2005 Sedona by Bennington

allencp

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a low hour '05 L21 Sedona by Bennington with a F90 Yamaha. Where can I find a wiring diagram of the boat, owner's manual, etc. The boat doesn't have any problems, but I like to be prepared just in case I need the documentation in the future. Also, looking to buy a few accessories, such as the ski tow bar. Is there a place online where I could find original parts for this model?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

You pretty much have to go through a dealer for parts and such, unless you find something on feebay.

Bennington does not sell direct. Support your local dealer when possible. It will pay off in the long run.

Maybe TB can try to put a pdf of the elect. schematic inb the tech forum for the 05 model year.

Thank you. I too tend to support the dealer on stuff that I can't, or don't want to fix myself. I have it at the dealership that sold it originally for service as we speak. Just found out that the boat only has 66 hours. Since the boat did not have an hour meter, the dealer connected the computer to get the hours. While the owners assured me that it had not been used that much, I was a bit surprised to find out how little they used it.

Will post in the technical forums to see if I can get a PDF of the wiring diagram.

TB has posted a wiring diagram for the 2008 boats. Search for it in the forums. It would give you a good start.

Just found out that the boat only has 66 hours. Since the boat did not have an hour meter, the dealer connected the computer to get the hours.
I wonder how the factory wired the computer, does that indicate actual engine run-time or if the key switch is just in the "on" position. The reason I ask is I just figured out my '06 was wired so the key has to be on for the fish-finder to work...but that also spins the hour meter. Not altogether a bad thing really, my recently acquired 40-hour boat may only have twenty on the engine. I'm going to rewire it so I have an accurate idea for service intervals.

It's preferable if the fish finder is wired on it's own circuit. The hour meter should be on only if the engine's running.

With so few hours on the engine, it's good for many, many years. It's uncommon for your engine to go 3000 hrs. if properly maintained.

The pontoon does not have an hour meter, however I asked the service dept to run the Yamaha diagnostics on the engine and get the hours. As I understand, 66 hours in the engine computer is actual run time, not key switch on time. Just found all the original paperwork, all manuals, including the bill of sale under one of the seats. Will be cleaning it up as time permits/weather permits over the next few days. The interior is in excellent - except - for lot of mildew. No tears, rips or cracks in the seats. Will give it good sponge bath inside but don't plan on washing it down because it's too late in season to let it air dry.

Back