2022 Q - it's finally gonna happen!

The c map came with my 2020.

Tim ,if your Sirius does not work it's not plugged in correctly

??? I didn’t mention Sirius but my wife says I don’t remember /$/&: so maybe I did. I do know the radio works though.
Just heard from dealer, the Simrads do not come with cover because it’s a flush mount. He suggested a towel over screen or have a canvas cover made for helm. One would think that Bennington would offer a helm cover, I would’ve bought one from them, they are leaving money behind.

In your post yesterday evening ,it says PMX 3 ,with Sirius

It works as far as I know and if it doesn’t, I have 10 years to get it fixed. Luvin the Bennington warranty!!! See I don’t remember $&&$

Even if you have not started your subscription, you should get sound from the preview channel .I did not get any sound ,I had to get under the helm ,remove the cover that was on my 2020 .Unplug the aux and plug the Sirius into the aux .

Thank you. I’ll check it out tomorrow for sure when it’s delivered or maybe today. I have a hard time staying away, I warned the dealer I may be a pest. It’s getting detailed today so it may not be available anyway.

Unless they have upgraded the Simrad ,the card slot for the C ,map was in the back under the helm also .

Honestly, I don't know anything about mapping chips or the c-map. I know that my lake is in there with depths etc, so I'm happy. I'm pretty sure the Go12XSE comes standard with the c-maps from what I read. I know the book that comes with it is not very helpful at all. Is there a way for me to tell what chip set it came with?

Last edited:
Our Simrad came with one but I haven't seen it. It's in the boat somewhere.......
My dealer said none of the screens (yahama, simrad, radio) come with covers. I've ordered the simrad cover on ebay, part number 000-14147-001 and the Yahama CL7 cover from Parts VU. I haven't found that a cover exists for the PMX-2 Radio so far.

Last edited:
You should be able to go in the menu a find out what chip it is. Also in the paperwork there was a registration card for the c map chip

No paperwork, but I don't think I have all our paperwork yet. we still haven't done our final closing as I'm waiting for my re-fi to finish.

Boy is it crazy. I got the CL-7 cover but no Simrad cover. I just bought a plastic placemat from dollar tree. It is ugly as you can imagine, but flip it over and it’s a nice white. I’m going to cut a temporary cover for Simrad using the white side. A YouTube guy does a pretty good review of Simrad and he shows how to see what software is in there.

I upgraded the software on my previous, it was like a factory reset .

I noticed yesterday the software hadn’t been updated. I’m a little surprised but maybe folks don’t want to see a previous network was on the device. Maybe prevents finger pointing when a virus is introduced on home network.

I just spent about an hour sitting in the captains chair playing with the simrad. Took me forever to get it to attach to my hotspot on my phone. I had to set the iphone hotspot to compatibility mode. I did get it updated to the latest software. I think I have it set up to remember tracks, but I won't know until I drive it around some more (very windy here, looks like storms moving in). I may have to look at some of the online manuals. Here's a picture of the chip set (I think).

Attachments

• IMG_2940.JPG
    IMG_2940.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 13
Yep that’s it. That’s what YouTuber was showing. If you buy a navioncs chip and install it (Micro sd) plugs into back of unit in center under rubber flap. It would the show both sources and you can choose between the two. It runs off of that chip so it has to stay in unit. He briefly showed some differences and said the navionics was better due to having more details. Guy at west marine said a upgraded navioncs chip $600 or so had even more incredible detail and would cover something like west coast of fl to New Orleans with ever rock on sea floor. Don’t think we need that. The chip YouTuber was showing was $180ish and had like all coastal and inland lakes. I was watching all of this around 3am and all of my info is certainly suspect. ‍ I may sleep normally again after boat is on lift. Maybe.

Just bought this to put one anchor into.

Attachments

• 88B80129-2056-403E-95A7-14D4A364E13D.png
    88B80129-2056-403E-95A7-14D4A364E13D.png
    262.6 KB · Views: 8
Yep that’s it. That’s what YouTuber was showing. If you buy a navioncs chip and install it (Micro sd) plugs into back of unit in center under rubber flap. It would the show both sources and you can choose between the two. It runs off of that chip so it has to stay in unit. He briefly showed some differences and said the navionics was better due to having more details. Guy at west marine said a upgraded navioncs chip $600 or so had even more incredible detail and would cover something like west coast of fl to New Orleans with ever rock on sea floor. Don’t think we need that. The chip YouTuber was showing was $180ish and had like all coastal and inland lakes. I was watching all of this around 3am and all of my info is certainly suspect. ‍ I may sleep normally again after boat is on lift. Maybe.
Sounds great, but really don't think I need it. We don't even have a trailer. We may take the boat to Charleston one summer, but other than that it stays in our lake. I know the lake, and the included charts are more than I've ever had before.

Oh I get it, I’m just putting it out there so we can all learn. I may buy the cheaper navionics chip in the future. Right now I have a steady stream of ups and Amazon folks delivering stuff.

Back