2022 Q - it's finally gonna happen!

We’re visiting family in Michigan. Got to make snow men yesterday!! Pure Michigan

My 6 year old loved it!

Attachments

• 6F1F0C32-656C-49EA-B629-554029C2F877.jpeg
    6F1F0C32-656C-49EA-B629-554029C2F877.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 16
All the parts to get mine finished correctly are in, so it's going back to the dealer tueday and wednesday. I had ordered a wash down pump and explained what I wanted (Raw water pump), but hey sent me a fresh water system that won't work for us. new pump is in. Also, I've fought with Bennington in the past over how they wire the stereo system, so I'm having them do what I consider it right for us in this swingback. I ordered a second amp that will only control the rear speakers, that way I can have nice sound inside the boat when going across the lake at night and not blast the entire lake behind us. I ordered a cowling cover from Amazon for our motor (2021 yamaha f300xsb), but it was too tight. dealer has ordered one from yahama that is supposed to work. Hopefully we have everything perfect by this time next week.

Exactly 8 months since my order date, it has arrived at my dealer ( 243 days ) :D
1650463143358.jpeg

Jack, glad to see your boat is in. Falling into place for summer. Tripp, glad you will get everything on your boat set to your liking this week.

We’re visiting family in Michigan. Got to make snow men yesterday!! Pure Michigan

My 6 year old loved it!
Welcome back! Looks like he had to borrow some gloves. lol! That’s not the first time he’s experienced snow, is it?

Welcome back! Looks like he had to borrow some gloves. lol! That’s not the first time he’s experienced snow, is it?
First time that he remembers. We moved south when he was 2.

The dealer is sending a tech to fix my boat tomorrow evening. I consider that some good service. He would’ve done it today but I had plans with another couple on their boat. We saw a bunch of dolphin mating and we saw dolphin penises flying everywhere. They are huge!!! Ah spring is in the air. My helm is totally non-operational now. I vacuumed up all the construction debris under there took maybe 2 mins once vacuum was there. Bennington should do better. The bilge pump does have a float but is not hot wired like every other bilge pump on boats so it doesn’t run in auto when battery is off. Should I leave a battery on so boat doesn’t fill up? Thoughts?

The dealer is sending a tech to fix my boat tomorrow evening. I consider that some good service. He would’ve done it today but I had plans with another couple on their boat. We saw a bunch of dolphin mating and we saw dolphin penises flying everywhere. They are huge!!! Ah spring is in the air. My helm is totally non-operational now. I vacuumed up all the construction debris under there took maybe 2 mins once vacuum was there. Bennington should do better. The bilge pump does have a float but is not hot wired like every other bilge pump on boats so it doesn’t run in auto when battery is off. Should I leave a battery on so boat doesn’t fill up? Thoughts?

Part of the reason of not having the bilge pump direct wired may be because the bilge area is not sufficiently large enough to sink the boat or cause other issues if it fills up (if covered, then a very low chance) vs the benefit of not draining the battery. That being said, if are constantly getting water in there and have mold or other issues then it would make sense to re-wire to your house batt IMO.

As for your dolphin experience, I wish I could unread that!

You are the first person, including dealers to make a rational explanation as to why it’s not hot wired. I figured that basically the whole center tube would fill and be an issue for my lift, not to mention the boat. My lift only has about 4,000 lbs of spare capacity and 500 gallons would exceed that.
As for dolphin experience, very funny, but I got to ask :envy? Or disgust? I changing the phrase xxxx lil a horse to xxxx like a dolphin!

You are the first person, including dealers to make a rational explanation as to why it’s not hot wired. I figured that basically the whole center tube would fill and be an issue for my lift, not to mention the boat. My lift only has about 4,000 lbs of spare capacity and 500 gallons would exceed that.
As for dolphin experience, very funny, but I got to ask :envy? Or disgust? I changing the phrase xxxx lil a horse to xxxx like a dolphin!

If my wife ever leaves me for a dolphin then I might get a complex, but until then I'm good!! :p

My boat is fixed, it is fully operational!! I am able to operate all the electrical stuff. The tech came to my house and found that the factory used the wrong size connector for the size of the wire. He didn't have the correct connector so he bypassed the connector and butt spliced it together and this repair will get me to my 20 hour service. At the 20 hour they will put in the right thing along with about 16 other grips. I am officially a happy camper now. Thanks to all for listening to me moan. (I think maybe it was the dolphin mating sighting that righted the world)

We stumbled upon a dolphin love fest up the river from us once. Didn’t see the goods thankfully though.

Glad the boat is fixed

Glad they got you fixed. I probably would have had a different take away from the dolphin experience, but good story.

On my past 23R, the depthfinder /gps unit always maintained it's track so you could always see where you have been recently. I've been looking for a way to do that with the simard but I was told it doesn't - it only shows tracks from today or tracks that you have recorded by hitting the start track button. I'm reading now that I can just start a new track, and never end that track so it's constantly recording and showing that tracks history, and as memory runs out the older points disappear. This sounds like exactly what I'm looking to do, but now I'm just curious if that will continue recording after turning on and off the simrad? I guess I'll find out today.

Did you guys get a book with Simrad?

Back