2024 College Football Thread

Gonna be very difficult to remain relevant in the B1G moving forward.
They have Badgers on 'upset watch' for week 2 against USD. I can't see the Badgers crapping the bed THAT bad!

I’m eternally optimistic. ;) Those things go in cycles in the B1G. I wonder if the former PAC-10 additions will come in and establish themselves like say Penn St has largely done or if they will hit the wall of mediocrity like Nebraska did when they joined? Time will tell.

The main blue-bloods more consistently hover at the top, but every few years another solid team puts together the right coaching staff, recruiting and players and makes waves for a number of years challenging those blue-bloods. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Northwester and Iowa have seemed to be those spoilers off and on in recent decades.

Anyway, with cheater Jimmy H :D exiting the Big House and running for cover in the Pro’s, I think that particular blue blood will see some turbulence in the upcoming years. Mix that with the 4 new schools, and it’s going to be pretty exciting to see how things shake out soon.

I just think it's gonna be tough for those that were already bottom feeders (not gonna name names, but we can all think of a few) to be taken seriously any more.

Some of the games were predicted to be one-sided dogs but boy were they wrong!
What a great week O!!! That Mt State comeback against New Mexico was as good as college football gets!

I really enjoyed the back and forth nature of the CU v NDSU and the Minn v UNC games last night. However, in both cases, I was bummed about the outcomes. Was pulling for NDSU and Minnesota. Oh, well. Keeps it interesting.

However, now it’s game day for Spartans. Go Green!!!

Feel free to join in and sing it with us:
IMG_0899.jpeg

Sitting here watching BigKahuna's JMU Dukes @ Charlotte.

Edit: They looked good!

How about Idaho Vandals playing with the Ducks for the whole game? Wowza!

Last edited:
Couple things.....I was also rooting for NDSU! Their secondary was overmatched! Did you hear me singing the MSU Fight song Jeff?!? (Believe me you didn't want to!) Bill, Maryland looked alot better than I thought they would! JMU looked like a team that lost half of their players from last year and their coach! (Which they did!) We've been spoiled with the last 2 QB's that slung the ball all over the field being able to score quickly! This QB or the Coach's approach seems to be to establish the run first then pass. I don't think they looked all that against Charlotte!

USC v LSU in Vegas tonight was by far the best game I watched this weekend. Wow! Both teams played lights out. Back and forth. USC scores last to win. USC looked better than their ranking tonight! That was an exciting game. :cool:

Side note, I wondered what I could hear faintly in the distance Friday night. Sounded familiar. Now I know it was you Daril: “Fight! Fight! Rah! Team, fight.” :D

Anybody been watching US Open tennis?!? Couple major upsets, great matches! Gauff/Navarro. Tiafoe/Popyrin! Wow!

Anybody been watching US Open tennis?!? Couple major upsets, great matches! Gauff/Navarro. Tiafoe/Popyrin! Wow!
I’ve only been following it via highlights and sports updates. You always get great tennis in the classic major tournaments.

Helped a friend pull his Benny from the lake today. Jackrabbit season ticket holder. We get together this time every year, compliment each other's teams and lie as we wish each other's teams well.
He says it sure takes the sting out of summer ending. I agree!

BC is off to a heck of a great start! Hoping they can maintain it.

Oh yeah. Watching Sabalenka play tonight, I don't think anybody can touch her. She's got Emma on Thursday now. both have beat each other once. Should be exciting!

BC is off to a heck of a great start! Hoping they can maintain it.
Talking about shitting the bed. FSU 0-2. That program sure fell from graces from last year.

Oh yeah. Watching Sabalenka play tonight, I don't think anybody can touch her. She's got Emma on Thursday now. both have beat each other once. Should be exciting!
Yup it should be! Pulling for Navarro or Muchova on women's side! Tiafoe or Medvedev on mens. Total prize money for this tournament is $75 million!

Yup it should be! Pulling for Navarro or Muchova on women's side! Tiafoe or Medvedev on mens. Total prize money for this tournament is $75 million!
Pegula taking it Swiatek so far. Yikes....

Back