23LSR has arrived... pics inside

peeruwp

Reaction score
Checked out and paid for the boat today. It will be delivered to my marina in a couple weeks after getting motor etc rigged up which is the Yamaha 200. Posting pics because I think it’s a requirement although not as fancy as many of yours on this board.

Question... dealer wanted to sell me the vantage pontoon wrap and guard, I already have sharkhide. It looks nice but not sure I really need it. They also were selling vantage seat and exterior protection. I don’t see a lot on this site other then the new seats don’t need any protection. Anyone have advise on this?

8EB5A4ED-C380-4E83-90C4-8A41586C57FC.jpeg54EADEFC-EFFB-4A24-B87B-A58936DC578F.jpeg26FF6894-EB9B-453B-B42F-76AAA89F198E.jpeg7F1AF8F0-531B-4039-9051-19D08BBE2C20.jpegFC95A5FA-34A9-4360-9787-0488FEA32AB3.jpegADCA370D-EBD3-4379-868D-C366C5850A62.jpeg66A5922D-8CEE-48D1-9E5D-3B35332DAC83.jpeg7C5E1C67-865B-4FA3-864C-E5D23C0ABB13.jpeg

Looks great! Can’t help with that vantage wrap question. I love my 200 Yamaha.

Terrific Boat - I noted you had the solid center toon floor cover, yet you have the center fuel tank: It had been surmised that the center fuel storage resulted in a slatted center toon storage panel - apparently NOT. Hmmmm, the mystery continues......

Terrific Boat - I noted you had the solid center toon floor cover, yet you have the center fuel tank: It had been surmised that the center fuel storage resulted in a slatted center toon storage panel - apparently NOT. Hmmmm, the mystery continues......
Yes, I was going to post that to the other thread talking about that theory but can’t recall which thread it was.

Nice boat!!! What were they going to charge you for the Vantage guards?!?Been looking at them......

Wow, she's a beauty! Thanks for following the "rules" and posting the pictures. :)

As for the Vantage wrap, I've had it for three years and it looks great IMO. That said, the reason I have it is because of a botched acid wash incident at my dealer, which left overspray on my boat. As a result, they agreed to put the Vantage wrap on for "free" to cover it up. So, to your question as to whether to get it, I'd say it depends on if you desire the look it provides. Personally, I'd forgo it until you end up with ugly toons. I think my dealer charges around $2500 for the wrap, but that might not be accurate any longer.

Enjoy your new Benny!

I am considering the Vantage wrap too, but to cover up scuffs from a boating incident with a next door VRBO renters “stray” boat. I would echo Mich above. I’d just hold off until/unless your toons get scuffed up in such a manner as that you want to cover them.

It’s mainly a cosmetic thing. I think they look great, but around here they are charging $2800 (including tax) last year for it, so its not cheap.

Also, my dealer told me you need to strip off the sharkhide first before putting the Vantage Guard on. Since I already have sharkhide and it works good for me, I didn’t want to do that (Although technically you can then just re-apply the sharkhide below the Vantage guard).

My take, at least wait until you need to refresh your Sharkhide in a few years, then maybe consider adding it.

Thanks all... what about the seat protection my dealer is offering? I dont see anyone talking about needing it. I normally decline with my cars but figured I would ask.

Thanks all... what about the seat protection my dealer is offering? I dont see anyone talking about needing it. I normally decline with my cars but figured I would ask.
I think you can decline that given how well the Simtex tends to clean up. Also, if you add something like that, you need to go through that third party if you actually had a claim. I am skeptical of dealing with third parties in theses sorts of situations.

Otherwise, I have to say your boat looks fantastic. I think it is plenty fancy, and it will be a fun boat with that 200 hanging off the back. Have an amazing summer ahead!!!

I let them put the protectant on my Lexus inside and out, and it makes a huge difference. Spills on the interior never stain. Just wipe them off. I would on a new toon, too, but that's just anal me about stains and anything that preserves a finish.

I had a local sign shop quote installing 3M vinyl “wrap” to my toons. It was $1130. I’m waiting till they look pretty bad. At the rate we are going, that might be 10 years...

Ended up getting a deal on the wrap so I went with it for looks alone and a little added protection. Matrix flat black wrap with guard... I now kind of with I did the blackout package :)...

Ended up getting a deal on the wrap so I went with it for looks alone and a little added protection. Matrix flat black wrap with guard... I now kind of with I did the blackout package :)...
Cool! Hope you share some pictures of it when it comes in. Yeah, with the blackout package it‘d pop even more I’m sure. But I am also sure it will look pretty fantastic on its own too.

Back