7 year warranty

When I go to www.clubbennington.com. After logging in and selecting the "my bennington profile" tab it says "Your boat is now covered by Bennington's 7-Year Bow to Stern Warranty *" This was after I entered purchase date, serial number, etc.
Mine does NOT say that. I have entered the purchase date, hull number, etc. The only thing missing is the prop size. Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put my info in shortly after TB announced the web site change. I didn't check it again for some time, probably at least 2 weeks. The next time I checked the info was in my profile that I qualified for the 7 year warranty. I put all the info in except the prop and engine serial number since it is in storage and didn't know that information. We bought a 2012 at the end of last season, last weekend in August and I thought we were out of luck. I then looked closer at the cut off and requirements, and was quite surprised that we would qualify. Luck went in my direction for once. :)

I just received an email from Bennington asking for information in order to qualify for the 7 year warranty. This is why I sport Bennington stickers on my car. Cudos to a first class company.

I also entered all my information over a month ago. Purchased my 2013 2275 GCW on 3/4/13. Still no info on my profile page.
Bob, please contact your dealer and be sure your boat was registered by him. Please make sure he adds your email address to the registration. The Warranty Registration, 7-year warranty and Club membership are all tied together with an email address.

Note to all Club members...some dealers register sold boats the date of delivery (this is the right way), while others let them pile up for weeks or months at a time before registering. Your 7-year warranty eligibility is directly tied to our warranty registration database. Dealer registering the boat is imperative!

Thanks,

TB

I brought my Benny in for minor warranty work in May of 2017. I was told my warranty has expired. I talked to Bennington customer service and they confirmed my warranty had expired after 5 years. I produced the emails but to no avail. I guess they changed their mind Lol.

I brought my Benny in for minor warranty work in May of 2017. I was told my warranty has expired. I talked to Bennington customer service and they confirmed my warranty had expired after 5 years. I produced the emails but to no avail. I guess they changed their mind Lol.

Yikes! How disappointing!! I guess my next call would be to the dealership...

What year is it and when did you take delivery ? Are  you the original owner ?

Unless we are misunderstanding, see beginning of this thread where you questioned this?

2011 original owner. Not a big thing. minor repairs. I praised Bennington when i thought they extended it. I am simply clarifying that they did not.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see by Your Original Post  the 7 year warranty was not offered in 2011 

I just received an email from Bennington asking for information in order to qualify for the 7 year warranty. This is why I sport Bennington stickers on my car. Cudos to a first class company.

I understand. A few posts later I posted this because Bennington sent me an email asking for my info to extend the warranty. A mute point now because even if the warranty had been extended it will expire soon. I'm not looking to gain anything....simply setting the record straight. I would still buy a Bennington. This one simply fell through the cracks.

I understand. A few posts later I posted this because Bennington sent me an email asking for my info to extend the warranty. A mute point now because even if the warranty had been extended it will expire soon. I'm not looking to gain anything....simply setting the record straight. I would still buy a Bennington. This one simply fell through the cracks.

I saw that and can understand your frustration. Did you send an e-mail back to the person that sent you the e-mail? I can see where the Dealer might be weary, but if they hear it from "Corporate" I bet it gets honored or reimbursed. I think you should send the e-mail back to the original sender.

You are about as upset about your warranty only being 5 years and not 7 as I am with my warranty only being 7 years and not 10.  Either way I've still purchased a boat that comes with the industry's best warranty and customer support.  If it doesn't fail in 7 years the chances are it won't for a good long time and even if it does after the warranty expires oh well.

I'm looking at it as my boat will last about 3+ lifetimes of any car/truck I've ever owned and I drive 'em till the wheels fall off :D

I saw that and can understand your frustration. Did you send an e-mail back to the person that sent you the e-mail? I can see where the Dealer might be weary, but if they hear it from "Corporate" I bet it gets honored or reimbursed. I think you should send the e-mail back to the original sender.

I sent the email to the person I was directed to talk to. I assumed the she would have contacted that person if they still worked for Bennington.

You are about as upset about your warranty only being 5 years and not 7 as I am with my warranty only being 7 years and not 10.  Either way I've still purchased a boat that comes with the industry's best warranty and customer support.  If it doesn't fail in 7 years the chances are it won't for a good long time and even if it does after the warranty expires oh well.

I'm looking at it as my boat will last about 3+ lifetimes of any car/truck I've ever owned and I drive 'em till the wheels fall off :D

I get your point. The only reason I even questioned it was because it was based on club membership, but, the earliest members of the club were not included. The staff member that sent me the email obviously agreed or he would not have asked for my info. As I said...I am extremely happy with my Benny. I would buy another one. I would also recommended them and I have.

Back