Accessories

sparkdr220

Reaction score
Perhaps you could provide an on-line list of parts and accessories with prices and ordering information. For example if I wanted to order a full enclosure, would I have to go through a dealer or can it be ordered direct on line?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I wish there was a way to go through all the accessories without having to select a boat and build it. Plus not all the accessories are available in the individual boat selections. For instance, the 2275 GCW does not have the option to upgrade to a cup holder with teak accents. Why wouldn't this work with the 2275 GCW? I really wish they just laid out all the accessories in one place to choose from.

Hi guys,

All aftermarket parts and accessories must be purchased form a Bennington dealer. We are not a factory-direct-to-consumer company. The accessories you order "with a boat" are priced accordingly. (We try to be sure each boat model is accurate with regard to options, but newboater caught us on the teak cupholders...sorry.) Dealers have a complete parts and accessories manual with aftermakret pricing and installation guidelines! :)

I would love that parts and accessories manual. Regardless of where I make the purchase, knowing the part or accessory exists is the first step. In fact, you might have stuff that I don't even know I need yet. :)

I hate to continue to bring this up, but I think you sort of missed the point above. So I will try one more time. :p

Totally understand that you don't sell direct to me unless it is a tshirt or a hat. If you at least advertised somewhere what accessories or options are available, you might find that Dealers suddenly were calling you with orders. I am assuming orders for accessories and options are a good thing for you. I know you have a full camper enclosure, but only because someone else had a thread on this site that talked about it. If I wouldn't have seen that, I wouldn't have known to ask my dealer to order it. I would have simply had a custom enclosure made for my boat. You might be assuming the dealer talks to us about everything you offer, but that really doesn't happen in my experience. Most of the conversation centers around the boat that is sitting on the showroom floor.

You have to understand... My pontoon is like my motorcycle. I want to customize it. I want to chrome it out and put new pipes on it. I want a custom paint job. But I also want to buy things that are made specifically for my boat. I just don't know what those things are. I think they are out there (like the camper enclosure), but I'm not sure. If you made it easy by putting a few web pages together describing the items and directing people to locate their nearest dealer to order, it could be cool for all of us.

OK, I said my piece. I will let it die. B)

I second the suggestion on an options offered page on this site. I also would like to see a parts for sale / wanted page. I love to work and customize my Bennington.

My closest dealer is not the best at any aspect of the Bennington line. I deal with a dealer in Dallas 200+ miles away. That is a shame, I pay the Bennington prices and still have to pay shipping charges on top of that. Not complaining but it sure would be nice to go 7-8 miles and pick up or order what you want.

I totally agree as well! And even more pictures of even the options available. For instance, the yamaha command link gauges, it says they replace the other ones, well what do they look like? There are a lot of options that we just have no real idea what they look like. And since I live about five hours away from my nearest Bennington dealer, I can't just pop in and see it. He doesn't have any in stock anyway.

I think this site is so great in so many ways, this would put it over the top!! Blame our wants on yourselves! We're so used to having the best with our Bennington products, we expect you guys to be the best in every aspect!! :)

Derrick

I hate to continue to bring this up, but I think you sort of missed the point above. So I will try one more time. :p

Totally understand that you don't sell direct to me unless it is a tshirt or a hat. If you at least advertised somewhere what accessories or options are available, you might find that Dealers suddenly were calling you with orders. I am assuming orders for accessories and options are a good thing for you. I know you have a full camper enclosure, but only because someone else had a thread on this site that talked about it. If I wouldn't have seen that, I wouldn't have known to ask my dealer to order it. I would have simply had a custom enclosure made for my boat. You might be assuming the dealer talks to us about everything you offer, but that really doesn't happen in my experience. Most of the conversation centers around the boat that is sitting on the showroom floor.

You have to understand... My pontoon is like my motorcycle. I want to customize it. I want to chrome it out and put new pipes on it. I want a custom paint job. But I also want to buy things that are made specifically for my boat. I just don't know what those things are. I think they are out there (like the camper enclosure), but I'm not sure. If you made it easy by putting a few web pages together describing the items and directing people to locate their nearest dealer to order, it could be cool for all of us.

How can we buy them if we don't know about them ? I agree at least show us everything that is offered....2 cents

OK, I said my piece. I will let it die. B)

How can we buy them if we don't know about them....At least show everything you have

some dealers may not have all the info and not on this site

My 2 cents

I agree, you have a pic of a $58 cup holder, but not $489 wash down ?? You should have a pic of every upgrade item .... My 2 cents also ....

Bringing back this post. As a new Bennington owner I would really like to see what accessories you have and the price. Not having a list of Bennington accessories is defintely driving me to the aftermarket suppliers.

Bringing back this post. As a new Bennington owner I would really like to see what accessories you have and the price. Not having a list of Bennington accessories is defintely driving me to the aftermarket suppliers.
I'm glad you brought it back Chris. We have been thinking of adding either the refreshment table w/cooler or the coffee table ottoman.

It would be nice to get the specks on it without have to ask someone to go out and measure theirs.

Give us the same accessories info you give the dealers and leave off the prices if you want.

TB,

Time to rattle the marketing departments chains !!!! :)

I'll fuel the fire over here now! But in all seriousness, A nice catalog type setup with the options, part #'s, basic specs would be nice. That way we could do the research and then contact the dealer for a price. In addition to this, unfortunately not all salesman are knowledgeable about the products/accessories so this would aid in making sure nothing was missed on that beautiful new boat order!

couldn't agree more we see ladders grills slides all sorts of stuff. I kinda wished I would of added the lighting package when we ordered our but didnt I would love to order it now and install it myself. At this point I have to look at after market stuff. plus it would be a wish book for our next boat.

I agree with lakeliving.  It would be nice to know what is available and do our own research without dealing with our dealer who could be 100+ miles away just to see the item.  We will still order from the dealer.

Back