Anchor Size ??

I have mentioned this before, so for new box anchor owners who might like this... I bought a 5/16th s.s. quick link and added it between the anchor loop and rod. It allows the rod to fold down completely flat against the anchor. Helps with storage if you don't fold your anchor. Steve

I like the idea of a stretch line to take the shock load off the anchor and boat cleat. Seems with a shock absorber like that, one could get away with a smaller anchor. Anyone ever try a "baby box" on a pontoon boat? Tempted to try it on my small lake with very little strong winds. The dimensions are not much smaller than the "small box". Getting our ship tomorrow. I'll post early next week on the whole ordering and delivery thing.

Do all dealers provide anchors and or fenders as part of delivery?

No, but they will add it into you packaged price. (It may look like they are providing them for "free") :)

We recieved fenders and lifejackets, no anchor.

And we got life jackets, ropes, throwable, anchor but no fenders. I also am still waiting on them to cut my vinyl registration numbers...Don't know why it takes a month to get those...

And we got life jackets, ropes, throwable, anchor but no fenders. I also am still waiting on them to cut my vinyl registration numbers...Don't know why it takes a month to get those...
I got these from DomedNumbers in less than a week from Arizona. Good seller who I've used for all my boats.

In terms of what came with my boat came, I didn't want a bunch of junk they decided was good enough for the minimal safety/courtesy package, so I got zero with mine.

We have the baby and the small box anchor. 90% of the time I throw the baby out and have never had a problem. If I don't want the boat to swing, I throw the small out the front and the baby out the stern. Best anchor I have ever used. It does not need a chain to set so it is easier to retrieve. Easy to store.

Wow!! Thanks Bruce, my mind is made up - baby box it is!! If that thing holds your big ship, it will have no issues holding mine, that's for sure!! Slept a whopping 3 hrs. last night. Our boat is coming to the lake at 1:30 today!! Heading up to the lake to do a last minute adjustment to the lift and dock. Hope I'm ready!!

I took delivery ,last Friday ,got the numbers Tuesday .

Package depends on your dealer ,I am sure I paid for these some way .the package is as follows

9 PFD, and 1 throwable,hook & paddle combo ,flare gun,two bumpers with lines ,( I bought 4 more ) anchor,with 100 ft of line with shackle .

2 dock lines .

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are a brain trust! Thanks for all your info. Looks like the baby-box should foot the bill for my 2250 RCL. My new toon is to arrive Saturday. It's gonna be a super day!!! Thanks a ton for all your info. Pics to follow "fer sure"!

Boat will be here in about 2 weeks. I picked up the small box anchor and anchor buddy today. Sounds like I made a good choice.

I got these from DomedNumbers in less than a week from Arizona. Good seller who I've used for all my boats.

In terms of what came with my boat came, I didn't want a bunch of junk they decided was good enough for the minimal safety/courtesy package, so I got zero with mine.
Do you have the web address of where you purchased the "DomedNumbers " ?

Thanks

Update ,

Is this the place ?

http://shop.domednumbers.com/

With the recommendation from the forum, I purchased the domed numbers for our boat last year. Very happy with the quality and look.

With the recommendation from the forum, I purchased the domed numbers for our boat. Very happy with the quality and look.
Lookin' good!

Ditto

You guys are killin me! Now I need to buys these......I thought I was done shopping.

Back