Bennington Mini Reunion on Tablerock

I sent Iraq69  PM to see if he can make it this year so we will hopefully hear something soon.  How about July 8th for the Benni Mini Reunion around noon at Marker 16 Hydes Hollow.  As said before will have some Chili Pepper beer to sample and some smoked bologna.

Jack

Hey All,

I'll be there. Any day is good right now.

Jack, I sent the reply to your PM. Thanks for the reminder.....been real busy with work and personal things this year so far.

Looking forward to seeing you guys and getting out for a few hours.

Marc

Glad to hear you can make it Marc! For everyone, will the 8th work for you?

Jack

Wish I was down there Jack65K cuz your beverage and snack choices sound fantastic.  Do you smoke your own bologna?  If so give me some details as I would like to try it in my smoker 

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, another follower. I'm getting excited. It getting closer everyday. Lets see who else has a preferrable date and we will get something set up.

Link, I do smoke my own bologna.  I use Frick's all beef bologna (comes in a log that is about 2.5" in diameter and about a foot long) and remove the casing then score the outside and apply liberal dry rub and wrap and let it sit overnight in the fridge.  I smoke it with apple wood chips at 210 degrees for about 3 to 4 hours.  I usually serve cold with cheese and crackers.  Try it, you'll like it!

Tony I agree let's get some input on the date that works best for most folks!

Jack

Thanks Jack65K, my mouth is watering

Link, I do smoke my own bologna.  I use Frick's all beef bologna (comes in a log that is about 2.5" in diameter and about a foot long) and remove the casing then score the outside and apply liberal dry rub and wrap and let it sit overnight in the fridge.  I smoke it with apple wood chips at 210 degrees for about 3 to 4 hours.  I usually serve cold with cheese and crackers.  Try it, you'll like it!

Tony I agree let's get some input on the date that works best for most folks!

Jack
Jack, I feel special, you fed your bologna to me with cheese, crackers and BEER.  :)

Tony,

It is special when served with BEER and I really like it with the Chili Pepper BEER!  

Come on folks on Table Rock - what date works best for you????

Jack

Those July dates work for us  7,8,or 9.  Jack we usually eat our bbq bologna hot off the grill with coleslaw on a bun ( I quess it is a Southern thang)  and yes with a vvvvvvvery coooold beer.

handshake, stan

Hey All,

Wed the 8th is OK and Thurs the 9th is better. Either will work for me.

Hope to see you all and try the bologna!!

Marc

The 8th or 9th will work for us.  Any other input on the date??

Jack

I'll take the management position. Since it works better on the 9th for Marc, Lets do it then. Lets plan on meeting around noon or so at Hydes Hollow, Marker 16

There is a small channel that goes off to the right after you enter Hydes Hollow. That woked out well last year.

Dont forget about the fireworks on the 5th at Big Creek.  Marker 20 about a 2 miles up the creek. Hopefully some of you can make it up for that. Its always a great show. We stay at Big Creek Resort. Our dock is the first larger dock on the left side as you head up Big Creek. Usually get on the water around 11:00 each day. It just takes awhile in the mornings to regroup and refit for a new day. We spend alot of floating itme at Mills Creek Marker, 21. Its a nice little hang out place for the area. Will be keeping an eye out for the Benny's so hope to catch you guys out on the water. I always fly two flags off the back so not too hard to spot. It's fast approaching and getting excited to get on the water. Just wish I didn't have so much to do prior to coming down.

The 9th at noon it is!  See you all there!

Jack

P.S. - everyone be careful on the lake we have had a lot of rain in the area and all the streams and rivers that feed the lake have been flooded so it is bringing a lot of bank trash (dead trees, etc.) into the lake.  Beaver was full and they open their flood gates so even the White River is trashing the lake.  The Core has opened the flood gates so that might take some of the trash out and hopefully most of the rest of it will settle out by the 4th weekend.

Got news this morning that the fireworks at Big Creek will be on Saturday evening instead of Sunday. Hope some of you guys can make it over. Its as good of show as Shell Knob and not near as crowded.

Rain today can any of you make it tomorrow the 10th??

Hey All,

Friday a very busy day at the park for us. Maybe late afternoon or next year.

Jack,

I hope to run into you at the island you frequent that is in the channel before point 16.

Later,

Marc

Today not good, wife at meetings and have family coming in over the next three weeks. Later this year or try again next year.  This season sure has been wet.

Back