Bennington New Door Guide

Its the same as on the stern lounges with rails . Lift and Hold in place .
Here is Benningtons explanation on the build site . " Loading or unloading for your day on the water is easy with the all-new port Gate Glide holding the gate in place as you enter and exit with your hands full. Color matched to rails. "
Jacks statement has Benningtons description. Reading that, it’s meant to hold the gate open, not assist on automatically dropping it in the holder. Even though it doesn’t work as you expect or desire, by their definition it works as designed. Maybe you could slot the mounting screw hole to get some slight horizontal adjustment. That’s what I’d do.

Jacks statement has Benningtons description. Reading that, it’s meant to hold the gate open, not assist on automatically dropping it in the holder. Even though it doesn’t work as you expect or desire, by their definition it works as designed. Maybe you could slot the mounting screw hole to get some slight horizontal adjustment. That’s what I’d do.
Thanks for the reply. Have you seen the video on the "Whats new at Bennington" ? It appears to me that it drops in place without lifting. If I was supposed to lift it the video does not show the gate going down before it comes up and then drops into the jam. I doubt that the Black lifts work different than the Grey ones.
Slotting may fix the issue, however I was considering adding some material to the side, towards the rail, so the door stays elevated until it is over the jam before it drops.

I don't see the video either

The video shows the door locked in closed position.( see left side of door). So I guess you would have to lift it in order to open it.

The video shows the door locked in closed position.( see left side of door). So I guess you would have to lift it in order to open it.
The video or short display shows the door opening and closing. I agree to open it you have to lift it like we have always done, What I am saying when the goor comes from full open it should drop "into" the jam. You lift it out of the jam to reopen it.

The video or short display shows the door opening and closing. I agree to open it you have to lift it like we have always done, What I am saying when the goor comes from full open it should drop "into" the jam. You lift it out of the jam to reopen it.
This would be true. So, in your case, it's not dropping into the slot at closure without your help ? If that's the case, then the piece back at the hinge side needs to be repositioned. It's not in the correct place....or machined wrong....or both. Most toons I have seen do not have a "glide". They just have a slot where you lift and drop the door at both open and closed positions. The "glide" might not be the best design. I don't see the point in it.

This would be true. So, in your case, it's not dropping into the slot at closure without your help ? If that's the case, then the piece back at the hinge side needs to be repositioned. It's not in the correct place....or machined wrong....or both.
Agreed.

Video?

I just noticed the piece attached to the back of the gate . It looks like the gate doesn't drop into the gate glide and the gate is held open by that piece

GIF ---that works. boy I looked and looked for Vid and never found it. Bennington website is not optimized for smart phones and the Gif doesn't work on iPhone but laptop works great. I think the cure for the issue is moving the "Jam" side. Place it where the door drops down and problem should be rectified. (have dealer do it)

I just noticed the piece attached to the back of the gate . It looks like the gate doesn't drop into the gate glide and the gate is held open by that piece

You're right - there is a riveted stud on the back of the gate that rides on the wedge and provides that extra clearance for the u-bracket.

GIF ---that works. boy I looked and looked for Vid and never found it. Bennington website is not optimized for smart phones and the Gif doesn't work on iPhone but laptop works great. I think the cure for the issue is moving the "Jam" side. Place it where the door drops down and problem should be rectified. (have dealer do it)
The door drops down inside of jam like this photo:877F574E-730D-495A-97B6-7905DE962384_1_201_a.jpeg7F9D52DC-EAC2-4A77-858A-2405D8234C0C_1_201_a.jpeg

Go to 1:30 mark. Doesn’t look like this one works perfect either.

Narrator says "you don't have to lift it".... and then proceeds to lift it.

I think lifting in either direction is desired so it's not just banging around. The fact that it provides a lip/catch when open is the desired function, and by all accounts works.

Narrator says "you don't have to lift it".... and then proceeds to lift it.

I think lifting in either direction is desired so it's not just banging around. The fact that it provides a lip/catch when open is the desired function, and by all accounts works.
Agree with your comments. However it is not working that way on both doors. Just have not had time to fiddle with it. I am thinking that the larger screw is the center of the rotation of the piece. There is a smaller screw that may be just the anchor so it does not rotate. I do not remember if both guides have the smaller screw, will check next time on the boat.

Agree with your comments. However it is not working that way on both doors. Just have not had time to fiddle with it. I am thinking that the larger screw is the center of the rotation of the piece. There is a smaller screw that may be just the anchor so it does not rotate. I do not remember if both guides have the smaller screw, will check next time on the boat.

Hmmm wonder if there’s a “slide” underneath it. One screw holds it in the guide for horizontal adjustment, other locks it against rotating.

Back