Bimini Pivot Part #009420

TomT

Reaction score
Hi.  The plastic part that connects the bimini top to boat called Bimini Pivot part# 009420 broke on my 2006 Bennington.  Bennington says they don't make it any more (really?)  I've tried a dozen or so dealers picked at random (no way to search their inventory on line) and no one so far has one in stock.  As I'm sure we all know, the Bennington tops are very expensive.  The part costs about $10 but is pretty unique.  I've tried google searches, ebay, several online pontoon stores.  Any ideas on where I could get this?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Any chance to get a pic? I can forward it to my inlaws and have hit my Bennington dealer. They been a dealer for awhile and also have a rental fleet so anythings possible!  He's a smaller shop so the pic would be better than the part number. 

Worst case scenario, can you get it made/fabricated perhaps at a local shop/tool and die outfit?  Just reaching with this idea, but if it is no longer made by Bennington, and no aftermarket options seems available, I wonder if this might be the only option available...

I'm sure someone could 3D print a new plastic one. 

Did you Google Bimini Pivot part by any chance? A few sites do pop up, maybe another Pontoon pivot part might work for you.

Are you sure they just don't make the part in plastic anymore and the new version is Aluminum , is it possible that your looking for a outdated part and the new version of the Bimini piviot is Aluminum? The reason I ask is because our Bimini had pieces that were black plastic that broke, and when we got new ones they wee black Aluminum 

That one looks even better then the ones we have because the way it's set up the bimin can't be removed or accidentally come off unless the pin is removed

Hi all.  Thanks for all the responses.  Here is a pic of the broken part.  Long story involving trying to get the boat out of our canal as flood waters were rising.  Even though top was down, a branch that had never been an issue before (water was very high) caught the back of the bimini pole and yanked it off breaking the plastic pivot pieces on both sides.

I can get the aluminum one but it is larger and I'd have to file it down quite a bit to fit in the pole.  Seems odd they would have gone to aluminum anyway.  You WANT this part to break in a bad situation. 

I am checking out the ebay link.  May work although designed a little different.

Thanks again.  Very big help.

View attachment 1593

I stopped by the dealer the other day and ALL the new boats had the plastic pieces like your pic.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/eosstatic/files/55312686f0f18a673486163d/2010.pdf

Page 32. Tell the dealer to go get you one. This is from a 2010. I guarantee if they cannot find one they buyers at Bennington will be able to (at the very least) let you know where to locate one. Dealer first, then the Dealers rep, then Benningtong directly.

I like the 3D print idea as well but the material will not be as ridgid.

Been to the dealer in town.  He didn't have in stock and checked with Bennington directly and they don't have them either and, according to him, don't make them anymore.  Mine's a 2006.  I'm surprised if they still made that part in 2010 that it is no longer available.  I've checked with several other dealers and got the same answer.  I'm trying to get the dimensions on the ones on ebay SEMPERFI found to see if they will work.  Metal instead of plastic and a little different design but should be okay if square dimension is correct and will fit properly inside the pole.  Thanks for your help.

Is that the part that snaps into the bracket on the rail, when you open the Bimini? I may have a brand new one in my garage, I will look tomorrow. 

I think a you could make one out of oak with some simple wood working tools too. That sucks one is not commercially available anywhere.

They still make that. But not in plastic. We got new ones from the dealer that are black Anodized Aluminum 

Hi.  Just to close this out, the dealer that I had been working with on this decided to send me several parts (at no charge even) to see if they would work even though they weren't the correct part per the catalog.  One of the parts was a perfect fit!  Apparently, part number [SIZE=12pt]012357[/SIZE] is a replacement/substitute for part number 009420.  Thanks for all the help and suggestions.  Happy ending.

Hi.  Just to close this out, the dealer that I had been working with on this decided to send me several parts (at no charge even) to see if they would work even though they weren't the correct part per the catalog.  One of the parts was a perfect fit!  Apparently, part number 012357 is a replacement/substitute for part number 009420.  Thanks for all the help and suggestions.  Happy ending.

That is some service!!! Not too many dealers give happy endings these days...

Back