Boat insurance rates

bwsdj

Reaction score
I have a 21slxp on order, hoping to get the call the end of this month that it's ready. Wanted to get some ideas on what boat insurance costs a year and what coverage I need. I appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks Brad

I pay $124/year "full value coverage" plus $900K+ spill coverage through BoatUS

$248 a year through BoatUS. 

Damn! Double Semps premium. Hmmmmmmm........

I pay $124/year "full value coverage" plus $900K+ spill coverage through BoatUS

Why get the spill covereage? You could just carry a sponge and soak up the tainted water. You're only spilling a thimble full at a time.

Wow, mine is $853 (cdn) for the boat, plus I think another $2-250 for the trailer. 

I really like Semperfi rates  :Like:

$115 per year with Progressive. I've been with them for a while so have zero deductibles (you get that automatically after so many years without claims). I did check with them about spill coverage after a discussion thread here a couple years ago. Though I can't remember the amount, I found out I had very sufficient coverage for spills. 

Do most of you have it added as a rider on your house insurance?  That is actually cheaper than it used to be!!

Mine is not a rider. Separate policy altogether from my other insurances with a different company. 

Ours is on our homeowners policy. We also have a $1mil umbrella.

Well that is quite a substantial difference!  One more thing us poor Canadians get screwed over on! :)

I believe that's what 20hp gets you.   :eek:

Didn't think about the 20hp. But the rest of the boat is gorgeous and worth some bucks!!!

We are getting a 150 yammie, hoping the rates won't be to high 

$450 for boat and trailer through BoatUS

Wow, mine is $853 (cdn) for the boat, plus I think another $2-250 for the trailer. 

Well, someone has to pay for all of that  government supplied medicine up there. ;)   

My boat insurance is $367.00

Last edited by a moderator:
$162/yr Progressive + 1mil umbrella for $160 (I had it when my teens drove and got it again when I got the boat)

add:  went up from $142 last yr  (14+%)    what inflation???   <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
$290/yr through Boat US / Geico Marine for boat and trailer. 

Back