boat lift recommendation

Life is tough.  That lift is triple top notch, and I'm sure you're going to really enjoy it.

My wife and I put our 24SSLX on the trailer and relaunched it at McFarland Park last August.  We had a great 125 mile ride that day going to Pickwick Dam and back.  We stopped at the condo's on Yellow Creek and got ice cream at the dock.

I had no idea that the Memphis citizens had built so many McMansions around Counce.  I'd hate to think how much property taxes are on some of those houses.  And Tennessee Sales Taxes had to eat'em alive on boats.  We're spoiled in AL to very, very low property taxes and 2% sales taxes on boats--only 15 minutes longer to get here from Memphis.

We see a bunch of Pickwick cruisers (and yachts)  most Summer weekends locking through Wilson and Wheeler Dams going to Joe Wheeler State Park for the weekends.  It's a popular 75 mile run--each way.

We're looking forward to trailering to Chattanooga this Summer, and coming 200 miles downriver--spending one night in a hotel at Guntersville.

How close is the transducer to the bunks of that lift? Looks like a lot of hardware.

I see you caught that too...they did measure for it and it does clear with about 3 inches to spare however I am going to move the transducer to the very middle of the mounting bracket just to make sure...floatair was very thorough during the ordering process as far as measurements it's definitely not one size fits all...thanks Kris

Great looking lift and boat! I really like the way you've polished up the pontoons!

Thanks Jimmy toons were a lot of work but worth it in the end...sharkhide is a must to keep the shine

I researched for quite some time on this. I purchased a Floe VSD 5000 with batteries and solar panel also wireless remote. They are more expensive but once you see them the quality is top notch. What I really like is its completely silent and the amount of travel on the lift is a lot.

rnusr01

So I finally got my new Floatair 6000# front mount Tritoon boat lift installed and I couldn't be more happier with the quality, ease of use, and performance. I highly recommend this lift for the Bennington. Here are some pics:

Hello from Lake Hartwell GA! Our old (& I mean Old) 4 corner Float Air Lift just gave up the ghost and after talking w/several lift companies & dock folks we are leaning towards going with another Float Air - this would be a 6,000 Front mount and was wondering if you still like yours and if you’d be willing to share a few pics of how the boat sits when the lift is in the up position (I’m findings lots of photos of v hull boats but about 0 of pontoon/tri-toons)?

Hello from Lake Hartwell GA! Our old (& I mean Old) 4 corner Float Air Lift just gave up the ghost and after talking w/several lift companies & dock folks we are leaning towards going with another Float Air - this would be a 6,000 Front mount and was wondering if you still like yours and if you’d be willing to share a few pics of how the boat sits when the lift is in the up position (I’m findings lots of photos of v hull boats but about 0 of pontoon/tri-toons)?

Check your PM's ChileMan - LMK if I can help

Decision time for which lift to go with comes this Monday so while we’re leaning towards a front mount there’s some folks in our cove (all 4 corner lift owners) telling me that if we go with a front mount we’ll lose some flexibilities a 4 corner provides. One being that we won’t be able to back our boat into the slip (for light engine work,etc…) or to simply float our boat in the slip w/o having it on the lift. Can anyone please provide some feedback about this? Thanks in advance for any & all help.

ps the price is the same either way

On the 12v thing Hayword is the engineer and he could tell you if there pump would work. I remember seeing somwhere...a guy used a power inverter plugged into the boat to power the blower to the lift. Its just a big wet vac motor so the right sized power inverter may work. I used a power inverter to run a 2 gallon Rigid portable wet vac on the boat last year while out on the river when the kids cookie crumbs got on the carpet and it worked fine, Just a thought!

Good Luck,

Kris M.
If you insist on 12 volts, find a dc blower motor. Don't mess with an inverter. 12 volts inverted to 120vac will kill you just as quick as line voltage from a plug-in. A proper breaker with ground fault protection is perfectly safe at 120 volts. Thousands in use on lakes.
I've had mine on my lift for 23 years.

TT

Decision time for which lift to go with comes this Monday so while we’re leaning towards a front mount there’s some folks in our cove (all 4 corner lift owners) telling me that if we go with a front mount we’ll lose some flexibilities a 4 corner provides. One being that we won’t be able to back our boat into the slip (for light engine work,etc…) or to simply float our boat in the slip w/o having it on the lift. Can anyone please provide some feedback about this? Thanks in advance for any & all help.

ps the price is the same either way
The front mount lift will submerge completely. You can pull in the slip and not be on the lift. Backing in may be tricky unless you trim the motor all the way up.

The front mount lift will submerge completely. You can pull in the slip and not be on the lift. Backing in may be tricky unless you trim the motor all the way up.
Not so with my front-lift, it hinges at the very front above the water so when you pull in you hit the bunks which are sloped down from above the water line. This locates the front, then as the lift inflates and hinges up it cradles and centers the tubes as it comes up.

Got it, thanks guys. From looking at pics I’ve seen so far it does appear that the front part is out of the water (or very close to the water line). Maybe GCWAndy’s is installed a bit differently which allows the front to be completely submerged?

We are going to see a front loader in action on Hartwell this weekend so hopefully we’ll be closer to a decision after that happens as the install folks are giving us extra time and can still make a 7/1 install date.

Next question, does anyone have problems with Beavers chewing on their floats/hoses? If yes, how does someone prevent this (I’ve got a .22 but I’d rather not shoot it around our dock/cove)?

Back