Can you add a 3rd tune with twin elips

mtudb24

Reaction score
Not that I'm real interested in doing it, but can you add a express tube to a boat that has the twin 32" elliptical tubes?

Todd

It does show as an option under their "performance" page at the "express tube" info section, but not under boat builder options .... hmmmmm

Don't know if the transom length would be any different either.

http://benningtonmar...ent=performance

Looks like a TB answer time question .... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to say no. I'm not sure where on the link Semp provided it says you could, but I don't think it would benefit you at all. Not that I know anything.

Doesn't need to be 32" log, just a 25". It was just a question. I'm pretty happy with my twin elips set up. Just posing the question

T

I'm going to say no. I'm not sure where on the link Semp provided it says you could, but I don't think it would benefit you at all. Not that I know anything.
I was reading the notes under the package, but the notes pertain to all the packages, so I think you're right .. no go ....

Doesn't need to be 32" log, just a 25". It was just a question. I'm pretty happy with my twin elips set up. Just posing the question

T
Don't think that would work, it looks like the ellipticals are "taller" so you would not get a 25" down in water like you would with a center mounted elliptical with 25" outers.

Hehe, just re read my previous comment, I sounded a little snotty! Sorry Semper!! Haha, but now you have me baffled on the taller part? I know we are all just talking for the sake of talking on this one, but do you mean when you're banking or something?

The height of the ESP center is the same as the outside 25".

Yup, 25 and 32 wide

Bugger, my eyes are deceiving me .... I was looking ata photo from the back and swore it was taller .... gotta get my eyes checked !!

I'd love to install the center elliptical on my R series .... maybe someday.

You already have the weight capacity of a tritoon, and the twin ellipticals are 3 mph faster than two 25" toons and an Express Tube. Your combination is also the most efficient on fuel mileage.

The center toon would just drag your speeds down, and the ride might be excessively hard. I see no benefits of the Express Tube except with 25" side toons.

Back