Dash Switches

Thanks! Looks like that may be the best option for me, too. I got another reply from newwiremarine (these guys are great!) saying that due to the size of the recess in my panel the V’s wouldn’t fit as a replacement for what I have now! Unfortunately, he’s right. The width of the Contura III (what I have, not II’s) is .940” and the V is 1.020”. Oh well, just saved a bunch of time and money!!

Last edited:
It fit! The Contura V switch cover easily replaced the III that was installed. I’ve placed an order with newwiremarine.com to replace all 6 switches. I’ll post how it goes when I do it.

5B90282B-E808-4ED6-9483-1679540A1CFC.jpeg 5B82B6AC-7E3B-4B80-BD52-B998588996AC.jpeg 7951EBBB-4008-4204-919C-5D6A99A55FF5.jpeg I got my Contura V switches on Friday and after a couple of days of test wiring at the kitchen table I was ready to install them! Pretty straight forward once I figured out how to create “jumpers” for the NAV/ANCHOR switch. You can just create a jumper with wire and crimp-on spade connectors but I found that the back of the switch got real crowded! What I finally figured out on those was take a copper connector from Lowes (part #21710), cut a section about 1/8”x3/4” from it, flatten it and, with a Dremal tool, cut a notch on each end that fit the terminals, and push it into place. I wish I’d taken a picture of the finished piece but I didn’t think of it at the time. The instructions and diagrams that are available on the newwiremarine website and a few YouTube videos from FPmarine are invaluable! I found that pre-assembling at the kitchen table was and testing the lights really helped a lot!

The installation went way smoother than I thought it would judging from my last electrical experience installing a powered Bimini! I’ll post a couple of pics below to show the finished product. (Green wires are jumpers between switches.)

If you decide to try this on your boat and need any help, please send me an email (joepersingerjr@gmail.com) and I’ll be glad to help in any way I can! Good luck and enjoy the night!!

Very nice. I’d think about changing my factory ones for those!

Glad you all like the results! It wasn’t a terribly expensive or difficult job! About $140 for the six switches and a good part of three days to finally get it all hooked up correctly. Well worth the $$ and time to me!

Back