Delivery estimates?

As mentioned before, mine was close to expected arrival time. Dealer hooked up all of my add ons and when they attempted to take it out for a test run, the Sea Star power steering didn't work. They worked with Bennington and believed the pump was bad. A week later a new pump came in. Put the pump on and that didn't solve the problem so another part was ordered. Supposed to be in this week so still waiting. This isn't a Bennington issue but a Sea Star parts problem. Maybe my wife and I can finally get on the boat next week.

Fingers crossed for y’all!
Finally got an update after 6 days and several request from dealer!
Arch is the hold up still.. went from arch delivered to Bennington 9/29 then updated ton9/19 now saying HOPEFULLY 9/26

We finally received our 30 QSBWAx2 on Sept 20th. Delivery date was Sept 19th but the driver was a day late. Our dealer let us unwrap the boat. It was a great experience for the family. The down side was we saw first hand the misses by QA. Thursday we were able to go out and do the water test and start the break in. The 10 hour break in was complete by Saturday morning and we were able to make a planned event we needed our boat for that evening. There was and still is a list of things that the dealer has to take care of that were either missed or done wrong by the manufacturer.
  • Front bimini adjustment poles put together upside down, had to drill out the rivets and flip the adjustment pole then reassemble.
  • Port side rear panel, rear part missing anodizing in a section
  • Welding wire sticking out from the welds in multiple locations on the toons, running your hand along the toon at the water line will cause a cut.
  • Missed weld on the keel on the center toon where the nose cone meets the toon
  • New design on the bow seat back that lift up the nut and bolts are coming out when accessing the trash can.
  • Due to the placement of the transducer being so high on the center toon on a wide beam the depth can't be read once over 10mph.
  • Dealer had to clean up all the grease pencil marks that were left on the boat
The amount of metal drill shavings that were left on the deck was pretty painful picking them up in our socks and feet.

While the new boat has issues that the dealer is taking care of and working out, we love the new boat. The new bow seat adjustable head rests are great, we did not expect those and they do make the seat much more comfortable. Ordering a new boat with the shark hide protection was a mistake, it seems they put the shark hide on too late in the process and get it all over the skirts and miss many places on the toons. If we ever order another new boat, hopefully not, we will apply the shark hide ourselves. As it stands now, I may make this a winter project to remove the shark hide, clean up the toons and apply myself properly. All the missed spots really showed up after the first couple of days in the water.

The new boat didn't come in perfect, and the dealer is taking care of the issues. The boat is a beautiful boat, and the difference in the length and the wide beam is amazing. The performance from the twin Yamaha 300's is impressive. While filling up hurts, glad we went with the twin tanks and didn't stay with the single tank. Hopefully others waiting for their new boats have a much smoother experience than we had.

Congrats on your new boat!
We took delivery of our new 27 QSBWAT2 on 9/22 and noticed some similar quality issues out of Bennington, none show stoppers, we love the boat.
Thanks for your post, I still need to spend some quality time going over the boat to clean it up, both fuel tank access panels were full of wood shavings from the cut out that I was surprised to see, the seal for the center tune storage was nowhere close to being correctly installed, it might actually seal 75% of the opening, cant believe that got past QC.
The biggest item I see now is the razor sharp edges on the aluminum "strakes" just below the deck that have already drawn blood... going to see if the dealer will address this, in my opinion its just sloppy and quite frankly a liability issue. Gotta get them smoothed out before the grand kids get near the boat.

Please feel free to share pictures of these 2 new Q boats. I'm sure others would love to see them! Congrats

Things have been very busy and I have not gotten many pics of the boat but here are a couple that I have and maybe a link the dealer sent us that he put together.

Attachments

• PXL_20230920_225833817.jpg
    PXL_20230920_225833817.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20230920_225844912.jpg
    PXL_20230920_225844912.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 23
Here's a few pics of our new 27, cant wait to get back to the lake and run it some more.View attachment 34922View attachment 34919View attachment 34920View attachment 34921
@SquareB nice boat. :)
Since you pretty much have the same lay out as us. Can you check the nuts and bolts that connect your seat backs in front of your consoles? I have had to tighten mine twice in a matter of days after one of the nuts coming off and the bolt falling into the trash can. It seems they are trying to use a nut with a built in star washer to keep the nut in place and for us it's not working. It seems they should have used a nylock nut instead.

Finally!! Our build was completed 9/28
Passed final inspection 9/29 and shrink wrapped , now waiting for a delivery/transport schedule
So we are getting close

@SquareB nice boat. :)
Since you pretty much have the same lay out as us. Can you check the nuts and bolts that connect your seat backs in front of your consoles? I have had to tighten mine twice in a matter of days after one of the nuts coming off and the bolt falling into the trash can. It seems they are trying to use a nut with a built in star washer to keep the nut in place and for us it's not working. It seems they should have used a nylock nut instead.
Sorry, Just got back home from the lake and saw this, I'll make a note to check next time we get back to the boat, seems like a good idea to replace with a nylock nut, thanks for that tip.
We ran the boat Saturday and Sunday and did our first fill up today, display showed 29 gallons remaining, a comfortable amount, sticking to the 1/3 out, 1/3 back and 1/3 to spare rule. However I was very surprised when the boat took 74.6 gallons, a little to close for my comfort level with full tank capacity being 83 gallons. I realize that fuel quantity indicators on boats are never 100% accurate but I would expect a little better than I saw today. We have a great dealer and plan to address any issues we see at the first scheduled service, so I'm not worried about that part at all, but glad to be aware and curious if anyone else has seen such a disparity.
As I mentioned our dealer is great so well get this issue sorted out and are still very happy with this boat.

And, more importantly, your boat looks great!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours.

We finally received our 30 QSBWAx2 on Sept 20th. Delivery date was Sept 19th but the driver was a day late. Our dealer let us unwrap the boat. It was a great experience for the family. The down side was we saw first hand the misses by QA. Thursday we were able to go out and do the water test and start the break in. The 10 hour break in was complete by Saturday morning and we were able to make a planned event we needed our boat for that evening. There was and still is a list of things that the dealer has to take care of that were either missed or done wrong by the manufacturer.
  • Front bimini adjustment poles put together upside down, had to drill out the rivets and flip the adjustment pole then reassemble.
  • Port side rear panel, rear part missing anodizing in a section
  • Welding wire sticking out from the welds in multiple locations on the toons, running your hand along the toon at the water line will cause a cut.
  • Missed weld on the keel on the center toon where the nose cone meets the toon
  • New design on the bow seat back that lift up the nut and bolts are coming out when accessing the trash can.
  • Due to the placement of the transducer being so high on the center toon on a wide beam the depth can't be read once over 10mph.
  • Dealer had to clean up all the grease pencil marks that were left on the boat
The amount of metal drill shavings that were left on the deck was pretty painful picking them up in our socks and feet.

While the new boat has issues that the dealer is taking care of and working out, we love the new boat. The new bow seat adjustable head rests are great, we did not expect those and they do make the seat much more comfortable. Ordering a new boat with the shark hide protection was a mistake, it seems they put the shark hide on too late in the process and get it all over the skirts and miss many places on the toons. If we ever order another new boat, hopefully not, we will apply the shark hide ourselves. As it stands now, I may make this a winter project to remove the shark hide, clean up the toons and apply myself properly. All the missed spots really showed up after the first couple of days in the water.

The new boat didn't come in perfect, and the dealer is taking care of the issues. The boat is a beautiful boat, and the difference in the length and the wide beam is amazing. The performance from the twin Yamaha 300's is impressive. While filling up hurts, glad we went with the twin tanks and didn't stay with the single tank. Hopefully others waiting for their new boats have a much smoother experience than we had.
Just re-read this post, curious on the twin tanks, can you educate me on them?
Is it a single filler, or one for each tank?
Where are they located, Port and starboard tune?

Just re-read this post, curious on the twin tanks, can you educate me on them?
Is it a single filler, or one for each tank?
Where are they located, Port and starboard tune?
You fill from both sides. Yes I am that guy that pulls in the middle, normally late at night due to less traffic, and fills up.

Anyone have info about delivery times for a 21'LSB (or any model) ordered early May? Even a ballpark guess would be better than what my dealer (Phil Dill near Dallas) has provided. Said August, but guessing with Covid getting out of control again that delays are not improving any time soon.. STAY SAFE!! Thx! John
Brother wish I could tell you!
Went/GOING through kinda same issues with same place , but I think it’s on the Bennington side of the communication brake down.
Our boat ordered 7/23 and we just now got shrink wrapped and now waiting for transport schedule for over a week now .

Brother wish I could tell you!
Went/GOING through kinda same issues with same place , but I think it’s on the Bennington side of the communication brake down.
Our boat ordered 7/23 and we just now got shrink wrapped and now waiting for transport schedule for over a week now .
That post is over 2 years old . The original post was during the parts shortages. Some waited 8-10 months.

Back