Delivery set for Saturday

Here s the full load on boat tax. The boat is blue book valued. The state takes that # and multiplies by 10.5% Boat at 18,000. is listed at 1890.00 that is taxable at .333 equals $$630.00 The motor is also taxed at the same rate. No registration on the trailer and no tax. If we leave the state we must register the trailer and may be taxed. That bill would go down each year as the boat value drops. My car tag bill on a 22,000. 2010 Explorer is $435,00 But my house property tax with homesteading and no children credit in school is $471.00 Homesteading after 65 gets you a $50,000. off the property value. I cant live cheaper than that tax wise. Up north house tax 6-7k Heat and air average $175. NO gas or oil all electric.

Sorry I miss led in the first post.

In Emmet County Mi,homes that are not your primary resident are taxed at an additional 20% .

We vote on it every 4 years ,keep or repeal .

I got hit with it the first 3 years after we got our occupancy permit ,until we moved up here full time .

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you even get a no children in school credit?? Is there a point (year wise) that they no longer tax boat/vehicles due to age?

I think that the year the boat sinks will be the year that the tax stops. I'm sure that property tax on the ocean or on a lake is a lot greater, but for me coming down from Mass. we couldn't live any cheaper, and I know that we could never afford to move back. being near the Smokies the air in refreshing Cooler than mid-state with only little humidity during the summer. Water temp in mid summer 84 both on the lakes and the ocean. AND NO ICE!!!!

Back