Delivery set for Saturday

Tax season! Me too. Glad you got some fun time before the crunch. Our Benny comes in January. I know. Rotten timing. Oh well.

Well you will have something to look forward to at the end of the Tax season.  I may get her in the water a few more times before things start cranking.

Off to GA in a couple weeks for some more updates.  Hope I can go for a while tomorrow, highs in the low 70s.  Still a few warm weekends ahead..  Pretty much Jan thru April 15th no play time!  Got to work to pay for the toys.

While the rest of us have to work year round to pay for our toys!!!

Not me!   :D

Lakeliving, I still have a year round job with State government until I retire from that June '16, so I have to work 2 jobs for all my toys.  40hrs a week reg. job then 50hrs week 2nd job (tax prep) during the season, and enough to keep me busy during the rest of the year.  Guess that's why I enjoy my toys so much.

Carl, I want to be like you one day! lol

Not me!   :D
I was actually going to make a comment about how we all can't be like Carl when I posted that!!! That sounds like a busy schedule there JBL!!!! Make sure to make time for fun as you can't take it with you. Too many die young before they can fully enjoy retirement.

Too many die young before they can fully enjoy retirement.
See, that's why I have so many toys NOW !! I don't want to wait and then ..... Well you get the point. We have no kids to leave it to so we are enjoying it before it's too late.

I hear you guys.  Things will slow down in about a year and a half.  I now have 3 grandsons to help me enjoy the water. (just gained 2 a month ago, daughter remarried) they are good kids and all have been around the water since birth.  I had double by-pass a year ago, luckily no heart attack, so I have done some reevaluting of my time.  I may be crazy, but I do enjoy tax prep, and I am really good at it.  I became an enrolled agent a few years ago.  Passed the test given by the US Treasury, so I am not limited to any state and I do have clients all around the nation and some in other countries, but as strange as it may sound, it is my passion to save my clients money when I can.  It all works out, work really hard a few months and after that, Friday afternoons I head to the beach for the weekend.  Next year will be even better as a new Benny owner!  My wife does all the admin stuff so I can concentrate on tax returns.

S. C. is way behind on boat tax what you have registered Dec. 31 the year before is what you get taxed on. Last year it was my old boat that I traded for Benny in June No tax on the new one BUT this year I get hit with the Benny in Jan. We also have a Motor tax That makes it fun to. But don't we all love our toys? I do, so no bitch just pay and enjoy.

What's the SC tax rate for that Russell?

333.3% way to heavy for personal property.

Wow!!! That is some tax rate there!!! Sounds like Sweden!

What size is a $500 motor? A 9.9 is $2k...

S. C. is way behind on boat tax what you have registered Dec. 31 the year before is what you get taxed on. Last year it was my old boat that I traded for Benny in June No tax on the new one BUT this year I get hit with the Benny in Jan. We also have a Motor tax That makes it fun to. But don't we all love our toys? I do, so no bitch just pay and enjoy
I assume this is a one time tax? Or is this a yearly tax? 

My wifes cousin moved out of S.C back to Michigan recently. Now I know why!!!

My parents are selling their property on Seabrook Island because of the predatory tax rates for out of state owners.  They are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. 

Seems like voting those out of office who support that tax structure needs to occur. But maybe the locals who get to vote are ok with it as it will push out the non locals like your parents are experiencing Bruce.

Back