Electrical Specs - Look here first for schematics

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
And, while I also do not speak for Bennington, many people on a couple of other forums that I belong to, do have a "house" battery and a "starting" battery with that same Blue Seas relay. They do this so if you play the tunes all day while out at a sandbar, etc, you still have starting power to get home or to the ramp. I've been doing ok with 1 battery and this is what I've read in other threads.

Yes, that's how it's typically done on bigger boats. Verado's are VERY picky about battery voltage so I'm trying to head off any problems.

I have 2 new Sears Diehard Platinum group 31 AGM's waiting on the Battery Tender for the Benny. My ski boat had the same setup with dual Optima Blue Tops and always started despite a mega-stereo and 2 teenagers (at that time).

Tom, check out Schumacher's new SP-3 charger. I have 4 Battery Tenders which I really like but I bought 2 of the SP3s and I will never buy another Battery Tender. The SP3s are $42 on Amazon. Check them out. Steve

Tom, check out Schumacher's new SP-3 charger. I have 4 Battery Tenders which I really like but I bought 2 of the SP3s and I will never buy another Battery Tender. The SP3s are $42 on Amazon. Check them out. Steve
Thanks, I'll check that one out. I have 2 batteries in the boat and 2 batteries on the boat lift to keep happy. The solar panel will keep the lift batts maintained, but if it ever gets drained down, I still need a good charger there too.

Is it possible to post the electrical schematics of the 2013 G series with dual battery and distribution panel.

I want to start planning my personalized options and electric anchor hookup when i get my new Benny !

Thanks,

Hi Floatin',

TB checked and our schematic for this package isn't nice enough for publication. (Shop version :huh: ) We are working on a nicer version that TB can post for you. This time of year, it could take a while. Have faith and remind TB in 6 weeks or so if you don't see it posted!

Thanks TB!

Awesome, as I requested. Thanks Team Benny.

Sooo, I was checking out the schematic for the 4070 dual (distribution panel) and on the one side it shows power steering, radio amp 1, radio amp 2. So the question I have is are you guys running power cables from the distribution panel to each amp? Reason I ask is that on the tower model there is an amp for the 2 tower speakers, an amp for the inboard speakers and the AS-10 has a built in amp. Or are you running one thick gauge cable under the helm and putting a power distribution block under there? Also are you running a ground cable all the way back to the battery or is there a common ground under the helm? (don't want any hummmm! :) )

Thanks

The first amplifier harness is what we call a dual amp harness. This harness has a sonic splice at the helm so it can feed power to two amplifiers. On a non-tower boat, this is the only harness we run to power the sub and amp. If it's a tower boat, we run this harness along with a second amplifier harness to power all 3 amps.

Both amp harnesses have power and ground built into them and we run them directly to the power distribution panel, where they tie in with the ground from the battery. We have never had issues with humming on this set-up! :) TB

pinned

instead of pinning this, couldn't we just transfer it into the electrical specs thread that TB started before? Just a thought so we don't end up with 15 'pinned' topics down the road. But whichever.

instead of pinning this, couldn't we just transfer it into the electrical specs thread that TB started before? Just a thought so we don't end up with 15 'pinned' topics down the road. But whichever.
I can do that, I was just "pinning" spec threads, not threads with just conversations as the spec threads get buried in the pages.

All the ones pinned, have specs attached in the threads.

I can move all the "electrical" items into the thread you mentioned. Just trying to clean up and make it easier to narrow down where to look for info.

Hello All,

Can't stop playing with my 2009 2577RFI tritoon w\250 Yamaha, which the wife and I purchased 2 weeks ago. Retirement just got better  :)   

Don't know if this is still the thread to ask in but am looking for elec schematic for this model ?

Thanks

Hi all

I have a 2009 2050GL and have just experienced some electrical problems, e.g no juice to the engine starter. Does anyone have suggestions or electrical schematics?

Why on earth would an owners manual not have these schematics??   

Hope someone can help !!!   thanks in advance

me again..... i have power to the dash switches yet nothing to the radio. I have no power to the engine at all. Anyone have any thoughts???

Thanks.

For radio, verify your dash breaker is not tripped on the helm.

For engine

1. Is safety lanyard connected to key switch. If so pull it and reattach.

2. Verify throttle is in neutral.

3. Verify wires are connected tight on back of switch

Let's start there ......

thanks for the fast response. However, tried all of those and no joy. Also checked battery connections, battery charge and had a good look at all the wiring i could see. I did find a 10 amp fuse behind the dash, checked that and everything was fine.

What other fuses / breakers exist and where are they located?

Back