Ethanol..... again. Useful tips here.

It is not synthetic fuel.  Pure unleaded non-ethanol with a few additives...Engineered

It is a variation of the Premix 50:1 type stuff you can buy by the quart for your chainsaw.  It is TruFuel.  Engineered non-ethanol.  Comes with 3 additives for better running and long life.  Detergent, Stabilizer, and Friction Modifier.   http://trufuel50.com/product-info/4-cycle/ 

Crazy expensive compared to pump gas, but for $50 or $100 it should last me the season and keep me out of a $200 or more repair bill from Ethanol issues for both boats. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch....$4.09/gallon at the one near me.  No thanks....I'll just continue to buy the additive.  Way cheaper that way.

I went to check on the water the other day $4.90 ethanol free .

I have 2 places I can carry from ,$3.69 and $3.71 

Just got ethanol free for my power washer 91 Oct @ $3.96/gal

That link of locations is pretty cool.   Nothing within 2 hours of me, and those are mainly lawn mower stores selling quarts, or leaded 100 octane race fuel.

My pontoon boat has never had fuel with ethanol in it. I was lucky to have a marina in Virginia that only had ethanol free fuel. The same goes with Lake Norman. All marinas here have ethanol free fuel.

Which brings me to this question............I know some of you guys use the additive to guard against ethanol. Does anybody use any other additive in their fuel and for what purpose..?!?

I use Seafoam as a regular additive, and Startron Enzyme Fuel Treatment as a stabilizer in all my powersports engines

I also use seafoam and stabil. all the time.

I use Mercury Quickare and Quickleen.

For years and years and years I have been using Sabil every year for winterization (not just in my boats and jet skis but also all my lawn equipment, snowthrower, chainsaw)....will also now use it with every tank of gas as well.  Was using the Mercury stuff last season.

LOVE the Seafoam as well although I don't tend to use that on a regular basis.

I have seen the red Stabil gum up.  My lawnmower dealers and snowmobile dealers around here have all switched to using and recommending the blue Starton Enzyme stuff.

That's interesting.  I've been using the red stuff for like 30 years....never had issues....but I'm not opposed to putting the blue in everything.

I just wanted to point out that (at least around here) the 100 and 110 Octane race fuels are LEADED and should not be used in your boat.

I didn't know that. By the airport here in Howell there is 110 octane at the pump. My buddy had a hopped up srt-4 that we would put some in and it was $$$$. That was years ago though.

I didn't know that. By the airport here in Howell there is 110 octane at the pump. My buddy had a hopped up srt-4 that we would put some in and it was $$$$. That was years ago though.

Don't know about 7-11, but at the Sunoco with the Ethanol Free 90, there is the Turbo Blue option as well.

http://www.turboblue.com/node/89

I see it states off road use only.....oops! :ph34r:

Can I assume the ethanol free is also free of lead? Looks like some of the racing fuels are containing lead.Yikes!  :eek:

Just got ethanol free for my power washer 91 Oct @ $3.96/gal

Don't know what Ethanol free fuel is on the water yet until fueling up next time out but.............The Circle K on Rt. 150 in Mooresville has E free 93 octane for $2.49 a gallon.

My pontoon boat has never had fuel with ethanol in it. I was lucky to have a marina in Virginia that only had ethanol free fuel. The same goes with Lake Norman. All marinas here have ethanol free fuel.

Which brings me to this question............I know some of you guys use the additive to guard against ethanol. Does anybody use any other additive in their fuel and for what purpose..?!?

I also  use Mercury Quickare and Quickleen. 

Even though "regular" jumped 30 cents this weekend here, the "recreational" 90 ethanol free stayed at $3.79. Though that went up 20 cents a couple weeks ago. Such a wide range of prices being posted here!  

Back