f150 vs f200 & SPS vs Express vs Eliptical w/strakes

Hmmm, according to the boat builder, I must have a "special edition" Bennington. I say that because it doesn't exist! There is no 2275 RCW Sport Tower even listed, there is a 2375, and what's more is there is a 2375 I/O, which might have been an option. Hmmmmm, very interesting. Oh, but the point of my post is that according to the specs on Bennington I can only have a 250, BUT according to the sticker in my boat it says 350hp, any thoughts?

great info guys! After pouring through the countless forums here I began to wonder why I am getting the MPH that I am. 26-27 MPH with the 115 is what I can expect to see with just two of us on the boat. with 32" elipticals straight line i figured it would break the 30mph range..... I do have a different setup from what I have seen in other G series boats. I have a double bimini top, two captain chairs in the front, a livewell bench seat in front of the helm and a similar one across from it. Im guessing that extra weight is adding drag. I did speak with bennington's parts department this week and one of the engineers told me that there is a "super transom" kit that they are working on which would allow motors over 200HP to be installed on the pontoon boats.

I also noticed that Yamaha has different models of the same engine, I have a F115TLR. Any first hand knowledge on what the different codes are?

Is it a 25" shaft? Mine is the f115LA and is the 20" shaft.

Hmmm, according to the boat builder, I must have a "special edition" Bennington. I say that because it doesn't exist! There is no 2275 RCW Sport Tower even listed, there is a 2375, and what's more is there is a 2375 I/O, which might have been an option. Hmmmmm, very interesting. Oh, but the point of my post is that according to the specs on Bennington I can only have a 250, BUT according to the sticker in my boat it says 350hp, any thoughts?
Your wife put that sticker there as a test. DON'T FALL FOR IT AND SAY YOU NEED A 350!

I wonder if max hp ratings are a proponent of weight as well as thrust? These new engines are getting lighter and lighter. Hence a 200 on 150 rated boat.

Also, like my Pro model, a shorter shaft a more efficient gear ratio can help.

The battle of the larger motor- it all starts up front with price and what you can afford. I deeply believe that it's cheaper to buy larger upfront then to become unhappy and trade in our boat for a loss towards a larger power planted model.

The newer power plants and addition of "Power Steering" make these boats a whole different experience. Top speed is one factor but acceleration is just as important in crowded lakes.

Videos- I agree that we need some. I have been looking at those action cams myself. A friend has vid of me tossing my esp at almost 75 degree while playing around. When I landed, I got thrown out of seat pulling the emergency tether.

I asked the same thing. It's the ESP that adds the extra 100hp ability. I wanted the 300 merc but couldn't get one for 2 months at the time.

I asked the same thing. It's the ESP that adds the extra 100hp ability. I wanted the 300 merc but couldn't get one for 2 months at the time.
That doesn't make sense though. For yours, yes, because you have a 25 footer, but in the 22 it is only 250max. My boat last year was exactly the same, same ESP, just without a tower. When you look on the boat builder it still says max 250, but the sticker in the boat says 350. Just wondering if it was a booboo, doesn't actually matter as there is no way I would upgrade the power plant on it, hehe, I'd buy a new boat! :D  

Back