Fenders for pontoons

Ecoman

Reaction score
I was on the Internet and found some fenders that are made by Taylor I would post a picture but I'm having trouble doing it. They are round on the outside and flat on the boat side with a notch on the boats side where it fits up under the deck and they strap to the rail. Has anyone ever used these and do they work? http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=738150&productVariantId=1203300&WT.srch=1&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=google%7C17348_Anchoring+%26+Docking_Boating+Fenders%2C+Bumpers%2C+%26+Accessories%7CUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=s5HkvmPvy&rid=20&pcrid=18748299544&gclid=CLGxhr_H2LcCFQHl7AodbEEAqQ

I'm sure the pontoon style bumpers will work just fine, but they're pricey.

I was at WalMart last night, and 24" Attwood round bumpers were $11.95. They're a good value.

We bought them but have to install them yet. Pricey... yes... but so is a banged up toon... hopefully will be able to get them on next weekend... we have had so much darn rain that when we do get clear weather we are sure not going to spend it working on the Benny ... we are going to be playing!

From experience, those fenders are a PIA. If you leave them on while underway they will move. You can buy a lot of round bumpers for the price of those. My $.02.

From experience, those fenders are a PIA. If you leave them on while underway they will move. You can buy a lot of round bumpers for the price of those. My $.02.
I agree, plus I like color matching options on the round bumpers ......

I have two of the Talor bumpers on the side I use to dock and I think they work and look great.

If properly installed they don't move even underway. I'm even considering getting two more for the other side.

I tried these and didn't really care for them. they just didn't reliably stay where I put them. See my post "Best Pontoon Fender Ever" or look at the pics in my gallery .... I am sold on this system.

Back