For our troops deployed to the middle east

Geoffrey & Brenda

Reaction score
Brenda's oldest son PFC Aaron D Walsh is currently serving in the United States Army in Afganastan as a helicopter avionics tech. We are all proud of him for his desire to serve his country, and thus far it has been mostly uneventful, other than a few mortar rounds on occasion that fall outside of their perimeter, or hitting golf balls into the abandon soviet mine field for some laughs. Mostly just hot weather and lots of helo's to fix.

He informed us today that his squad had been chosen for a thirty day mission in the desert, no repair equipment, just a few trucks loaded with armarment and 16 other soldiers. His group was chosen because they had more weapons training than the others in his area, and because there are no infantry units close by.

Of course, this has given Brenda quite a suprise, and reason to be truly concerned as this was not in the job description. However, he is a soldier in our military, and is expected to do the job assigned to him. Aaron on the other hand, while not wanting to go into harms way, is some what anxious to get his hands on the belt fed grenade launcher.

I am posting this to be a reminder to all free Americans that all of our troops need our support, prayers, and a care package now and then, if you have a loved one currently serving then you know what i mean. If you do not, take some time to consider what you could do for those who protect your freedom, the Red Cross, USO, and the many military family organizations can lead you to a way to show your appriciation for these fine young people serving our country.

For those of you who have served our country, i give you my thanks for your sacrifices and service.

For the rest of us, please step up to the plate and make a difference in a soldiers life, show them that you care, and that they are protecting the finest people on the planet.

Carry on!

I fixed Cobra helicopters in Vietnam. Our prayers are with him and you two. God Bless our troops. B)

Hear - Hear !!! Well said Geoffrey, Brenda and Carl. My son-in-law just returned from Afghanistan two days before Christmas. Gray, (our new Reds fan) is his son. God be with Aaron, and you, Geoffrey & Brenda. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Words can't express the appreciation I feel for these men and women who know more than anyone our freedom isn't free. Thanks for his service and may God protect him every single day.

These are the true unsung heroes !! Not movie stars and athletes. These kids serve their time and most can't even drink a beer legally, but they lay their lives on the kind for us every day. They are alwsys in my thoughts.

SEMPER FI !!!!!

Smitty

On yeah, I was an A4 Skyhawk Aviation Ordnance Tech.

I wasn't in the army, but I did watch MASH. All kidding aside, my brother is in the army, been overseas a few times, he wanted infantry, but didn't get it and they put him in something computer, and I think something with radio services. I remember him telling us the story of the time he was in the crapper and all of a sudden heard this HUGE bang and he ran out of the crapper and saw oil every where. There was a huge generator right beside the crapper and some random foreign shot a missile, well luckily it was a dud or he'd be dead. The bang was the missile hitting the oil filter on the generator causing it to blow oil all over the place. Funny thing was, they put on a new filter and filled it up with oil and she was good to go!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to PFC Walsh and his unit. Godspeed. Went to the Nationals-Reds baseball game in DC yesterday on Military Appreciation Day. What a site to see honoring our military heroes! We thank them all for their service! Oh..............and the Nationals won!!!!!!!!!

He will be in our prayers. Thank him for his service to our country!!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to PFC Walsh and his unit. Godspeed. Went to the Nationals-Reds baseball game in DC yesterday on Military Appreciation Day. What a site to see honoring our military heroes! We thank them all for their service! Oh..............and the Nationals won!!!!!!!!!
Reds won today Daril !!! :D

Reds won today Daril !!! :D
Yup they sure did Gerry..........Reds have a good team! They're just going through a rough patch like we did last week. I'm a big Joey Votto (Tough hitter) fan and that pitcher that's filling in for Cueto struck out a bunch of Nationals today. The Reds were well represented at Nationals Park. They had a huge # of fans there rooting for them................

Yup they sure did Gerry..........Reds have a good team! They're just going through a rough patch like we did last week. I'm a big Joey Votto (Tough hitter) fan and that pitcher that's filling in for Cueto struck out a bunch of Nationals today. The Reds were well represented at Nationals Park. They had a huge # of fans there rooting for them................
Yes, I was supposed to go. Only about an hours flight from Dayton airport. Went to Athens to bring my daughter home for the summer. Usually try to take a couple roadtrips a year. Some friends say its a beautiful park. Good luck. (Until the playoffs) ? Gerry

Served 13yrs in the US Army myself, have only the utmost respect for all of my brothers and sisters in arms from all of the branches. God Bless you all who continue to step up and put yourself in harms way to protect and serve this great nation of ours. HOOAH!!!

Hey Carl! The mechanics didn't get the respect they deserved. Thank you for your service.

My utmost respect and honor go out to PFC Walsh and all those that serve now or have served in the past. They don't get near the credit they deserve. My freedoms (including all of us here with our benningtons) are due those men and women.

Thank you all for your sacrifice

Todd

We are a family with a long history of veterans, grandfathers, dad, uncles, my husband, myself, our son who served it Iraq. It's amazing how few people serve anymore. Less than 1% of americans. Everyone wants to live here but does not want their family to sacrifice. Our family will keep your family in their prayers.

Back