Gas Prices?

Even if gas doubles again, it is a very small % of actual cost of pontoon ownership. Gotta keep things in perspective!!!
My Hemi truck begs to differ … :p:p:p

Even if gas doubles again, it is a very small % of actual cost of pontoon ownership. Gotta keep things in perspective!!!
My problem is not the extra $500 for gas for the boat. It is that EVERYTHING else has practically doubled in price too. It's the cumulative effect of these things that will make me use my Benny slightly less.

Also, I have a 1/2 ton gmc with a diesel motor that gets wonderful mileage but diesel is more expensive than gas.

Last edited:
Ethanol Free ?

Actually down just a tick around here. $3.92 for regular this morning. Not really sure what ethanol free cost. Diesel prices are crazy. Truck stops are around $5.50. Get away from the truckstops, and it's around $4.99. Just ain't right how truckers are getting taken advantage of. My boat dealer told me yesterday they were putting $100 worth of gas in new boats now. That used to be significant. Now, if you have a big tank, it ain't much.

$6.49 in Sarasota at marina. The fuel truck that will come to house with a 400 ft hose is $5.50 a gallon. Ouch.

5.89 at Marina in Ft Myers Beach today. I keep a couple Benjamin’s tucked in the wallet just for fuel.

Just filled up, not even to 52g capacity.

The tide and wind will hopefully be to my back!

View attachment 32200Lake Norman Marina is $6.29 for e free on the water. Costco and Sam's Club are $3.97. I filled up last fall so maybe it'll come down by the time we need fuel. Yeah right!!! What is it at Hoffmasters?

Joe doesn't have a fuel dock unfortunately. Prince William Marina is next door but does not have a self-service pump, and it tends to have more expensive gas. Occoquan Harbor has the self-serve pumps and is the cheapest in the no wake area so that's my go to. Belmont Bay fuel dock has the prettiest gas attendants so they are quite popular!

Here is a nifty website that tracks current fuel prices on the Potomac:

Paid 4.74 for 90 Ethanol Free. So basically 250 bucks for a days worth of fun on the water with the family. Last year it might have been 190. So an extra 60 bucks. In the big scheme of things it’s a bit of a bite, but you only live once and life is short so I will keep making those memories that will last a lifetime.

Speaking of self service pumps......Since we've lived here we would pull up to a marina and the attendant would come out pump the fuel for us. Give them my credit card leave them a tip and go! But last year we pulled up to a marina gas pump and the kid said.....Go ahead pump your own. I don't know if they are all like that but that was a welcome change!

I'm fueling this year with a transfer tank in the back of my truck. Does anyone know of any gas stations (or fuel distributors) that sell off-road gasoline? I know of a few that have off-road diesel (died red and doesn't have the 30+ cents road tax here in MN). It'd be awesome if I could find some off-road gas and save at least SOME money.

I'm fueling this year with a transfer tank in the back of my truck. Does anyone know of any gas stations (or fuel distributors) that sell off-road gasoline? I know of a few that have off-road diesel (died red and doesn't have the 30+ cents road tax here in MN). It'd be awesome if I could find some off-road gas and save at least SOME money.
Ethanol free of course. :) My engine will never see a drop of ethanol.

Never heard of off road gas.

After waiting for 7 months, our new Bennington was delivered to our lake last week. No matter the cost of gas, once warmer weather arrives I’m pontooning!

Attachments

• C8EF7E6C-C59E-4661-943C-84D0C411C1E3.jpeg
    C8EF7E6C-C59E-4661-943C-84D0C411C1E3.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 16
Back