Got a new anchor this weekend...

Geoffrey & Brenda

Reaction score
Soo, we where out at the lake this weekend at the "party cove", after a couple of hours, it was time to go for a cruise. Time to pull up the anchor, give the line a good tug, like usual, but she's really tough to pull. Well shoot, i must be really stuck in the mud, Brenda's laughing at me, calling me a wimp and all.

Well, now i really pull on her, the toon dips down, she's coming but really heavy. Had to tie it off about halfway up to catch a rest. Now i'm really hearing it from Brenda! After a minute i go after it again, and much to my suprise, i've hooked a big fluke type anchor, rhode chain and 100' of 1/2" rope!

It was all pretty muddy, so after getting things untangled, my box anchor cleaned and stowed, i took a few minutes to clean up my new find, it cleaned up real nice and looks to be fairly new.

So i got me a new anchor this weekend!

Haha, by the sounds of it you EARNED IT!! That's hilarious though.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Hahah .... That's funny. I fought with one this weekend that someone cut the rope at the waterline. I pulled and pulled for 10 minutes. No budging it. Waters about 15' so I'm debating diving down and trying to unhook it but I'm afraid of me getting hooked down there. I wonder if I tied off to the toon eye, I could pull it loose? Yeah, show us some pics of that one !!!!! Nothing like free !!!!

I'll get pics tomorrow! As for pullin with your Bennie, umm, how you gonna explain that one to your insurance agent? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping the rope or the anchor would give before my toon eye .... I've pulled mine loose a couple times when they got hooked pretty good, by moving the boat in different directions ...... and it finally popped loose. I figure they lift a 2500 lb boat by the eyes, even with load spread, that's prolly 600 lb or so per corner ...

Sounds like you found a big bait ball full of anchors...

Or a dead body in concrete.

Could be Jimmy Hoffa. We've been looking for him for years here in MI

Last edited by a moderator:
I though Derrick put him in his in floor storage ...... He's got everything else in there !!! LOL !!!!

I though Derrick put him in his in floor storage ...... He's got everything else in there !!! LOL !!!!
Aha, now we know why "tcipip95" has added "permanent weight" to the middle of his boat, Hoffa + concrete!

Keep it up and youz guys will be sleeping with the fishes ya know what I mean?! Nothing wrong with keeping a few bags of concrete on board, you know, in case the boat launch needs some repairs see. Wiseguys.

Got it ... Lol !!!!

3B9FE289-2BE1-4292-89CE-EB2B0F125EBA-4508-000000DF0A30C7E4_zps7bac19ce.jpg

Do they still make Wheaties?

I want to know what your lake limits are for anchors! Don't want the DNR after you! JK A nice "find"!!

Do they still make Wheaties?
I wish i could take credit, but the Benni pulled it loose. Looped rope through eylet, tied off to anchor rope, put her in reverse and it tugged it right out. :D

I want to know what your lake limits are for anchors! Don't want the DNR after you! JK A nice "find"!!
Don't know about limits, but I now have three on mine now .... BUT, I did lose one couple years ago on the river, so this one makes up for that ..... ;)

This one must be 18 lb or so cause I have a 14 lb already and this is slightly bigger.

I wish i could take credit, but the Benni pulled it loose. Looped rope through eylet, tied off to anchor rope, put her in reverse and it tugged it right out. :D
I didn't know the 20 had it in it! Torque Machine!

Unhooked rusty clip, some simple green, and she looks almost new !!!!!

Back