Has Amber Yellow been discontinued???

Looney Toon

Reaction score
I went to the Bennington website to build a 20 SL pontoon and noticed that the amber yellow color is no longer an option. Does anyone know if Bennington has discontinued this color?

Colors come and colors go! Remember Teal and Hot Pink??

Last edited:
Colors come and colors go! Remember Teal and Hot Pink??
Thanks for your reply.

We just took delivery of an amber yellow Bennington pontoon. The dealer did not mention this color was being discontinued. Just curious as we took it out this week-end and had a ton of compliments on the color and comments to how unique it was. Makes me wonder why Bennington would stop making them.....but like you said colors come and go and some people just stay with traditional colors.

I have the amber yellow and I too get a ton of compliments on it.

We planned on ordering a new yellow Tritoon at the end of summer. We love our yellow Tritoon and get compliments all the time.

Colors come and go? If that was the case, the blue and red would've been gone a long time ago. Is the new yellow Camaro is outdated? I think not.

Yellow has been used in the boating industry for years much the same as whites, blues, and reds so it's not a dated thing. Aside from Yellow, Bennington colors are quite industry standard. Shades of browns, grays, blue, black, and two reds. Pretty....yes, AARP....yes, but no WOW factor for younger buyers.

TB, you need to think outside the box and keep the yellow. Some of us like bright, sporty and fun colors. The wakeboard and ski boats are a prime example.

Last edited by a moderator:
We bought a 2012 20 so in yellow and love the color. We are trading up (yes, already) to a 2275 rlcp tritoon and were told that yellow was discontinued! We settled for crimson red, but will definitely miss the yellow!

We planned on ordering a new yellow Tritoon at the end of summer. We love our yellow Tritoon and get compliments all the time.

Colors come and go? If that was the case, the blue and red would've been gone a long time ago. Is the new yellow Camaro is outdated? I think not.

Yellow has been used in the boating industry for years much the same as whites, blues, and reds so it's not a dated thing. Aside from Yellow, Bennington colors are quite industry standard. Shades of browns, grays, blue, black, and two reds. Pretty....yes, AARP....yes, but no WOW factor for younger buyers.

TB, you need to think outside the box and keep the yellow. Some of us like bright, sporty and fun colors. The wakeboard and ski boats are a prime example.
I agree with bright color schemes on sport boats. When I 1st saw the "Shattered" boat, my reaction was if it came in bright, loud colors/graphics, I'd trade tomorrow.

We bought a 2012 20 so in yellow and love the color. We are trading up (yes, already) to a 2275 rlcp tritoon and were told that yellow was discontinued! We settled for crimson red, but will definitely miss the yellow!
Hey hey hey now, you didn't 'settle' for Crimson Red, you 'stepped up to' Crimson Red! Haha this from the guy on his second Crimson Red Bennington! Haha just bugging, color is one thing that is total preference. I could see how that yellow would grab some looks and leave some impressions seeing it fly by you on the lake!

Derrick

If they were taking from the wakeboard scene, then lime green and a crazy orange are in store for the 2013 line up tour!

I was told the Yellow will not be available in the 2013 lineup

I agree with bright color schemes on sport boats. When I 1st saw the "Shattered" boat, my reaction was if it came in bright, loud colors/graphics, I'd trade tomorrow.
My thoughts exactly. Cool design, but bland. From a short distance away, you couldn't tell it apart from any other cream colored pontoon.....except for the tower. Why bother with all that design work, not to mention the ridiculous price tag, and not make a statement. Enough of the AARP colors already!! Not everyone wants a Cadillac color. Give us some fun colors. The red is great. Keep the yellow. Go ahead and add an orange or another bright color. It's just paint. How about some bright graphics.

Wow, that eliminates one of the four colors on my list for spring order .... Bummer.

Any hints of "new" color(s) ????

"Enough of the AARP colors already" - that's pretty funny "Ben & Suzy".

But like "Bulldog" says - "color...is total preference."

If we are putting in votes, I want purple :p

(Of course I have had my AARP membership card for 13 years, plus the first time I saw a yellow pontoon my reaction was "why would anyone want yellow") :eek:

Probably a good idea TB controls the colors. Imagine how low you would have to drop the price trying to sell a used lime green or orange boat. I guy on our lake can't give away his orange boat.

My thoughts exactly. Cool design, but bland. From a short distance away, you couldn't tell it apart from any other cream colored pontoon.....except for the tower. Why bother with all that design work, not to mention the ridiculous price tag, and not make a statement. Enough of the AARP colors already!! Not everyone wants a Cadillac color. Give us some fun colors. The red is great. Keep the yellow. Go ahead and add an orange or another bright color. It's just paint. How about some bright graphics.
Hey hey hey, what's wrong Cadillac color??!?!?? Haha

Derrick

Probably a good idea TB controls the colors. Imagine how low you would have to drop the price trying to sell a used lime green or orange boat. I guy on our lake can't give away his orange boat.
I see a whole lot of new wake boats being sold in orange and lime green these days. Google image 2012 Malibu Wakesetter. A plain ole pontoon wouldn't look right, but a "shattered" with tower would attract the wake boarding demographic.

Back